What candies do you make?????

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I just use almond bark (chocolate) melt it in the microwave and take small pretzels (not stick one)
I only dip half of each and then I can keep one side of it to hold on to. set on waxed paper and let them set. I also dip shortbread cookies and coconut cookies anything I feel like dipping. (half only of each one) Doing only half saves on the chocolate and leaves a place for people to hold so the chocolate doesn't melt in their fingers. I usually bake chcoclate bowls to fill for with gifts

I love these too very easy to do.Alway's a big hit :)

Yum! Everything sounds so wonderful. Thanks for the recipes. I'll have to try some of them.
Wait I think I put on a couple of pounds just reading them. Darn it all! ;)

Oma, I saw a recipe done on Paula Deen's show a couple of days ago that I think I will try. She called them "Monster Cookies". They weren't big, but they sure had some good stuff in them. When I bake cookies though, I usually only get to eat one of them.

Sorry I'm getting to this after Christmas--------but if you want the recipes for next year (or whenever)(good for Valentines Day too) I'll post them.
This is what I made for "candies" this year---

Truffles--
Irish Cream
Orange
Amaretto
Raspberry
Espresso

Buttercreams--
Wintergreen
Peppermint
Maple
Lemon

Fudge--
Chocolate
Chocolate/Walnut
Chocolate/PB
Peanut Butter
Penuche

Chocolate Covered--
Cherries
PB Balls
Nut Mix
Potato Stix
Needhams

This is my "general" list for every year---the lemon buttercream was a "newbie" this year(nice "fresh" flavor). Have always done the dipped pretzels before, but not this year.(Played out before I got to them!)Intended to do a mint truffle too this year but didnt. Bet that would be GOOD! Think I was played out from making 23 "cases "of hot pepper jam (in 2 weeks)!(For a friends,nephews wedding!) Thank goodness they were the 4oz. jars or I'd still be doing them!!!! LOL
My recipe for the Buttercreams and for the truffles is a basic one--then just devide and add the different flavorings & coatings. So --if anyone wants recipes--just "holla" :D
I do up "boxes"--------some for gifts, some to sell. I try to sell enough to make up the "cost" of making all these. Of course I never figure in my time-LOL--the price would be so high I'd never sell any:eek:;)-LOL! Thank goodness for my "regulars" every year--that usually about covers it!:eek::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh Sandi they are fun to make and even Shane would enjoy making them and eating them.
One pound of almond bark costs less than 5 dollars and will dip stuff until you are tired of dipping.
I have also made mice out of almond bark, cherries and kisses. They are really darling but kinda spendy

I got some choc and vanilla almond bark for $1.64 for 24 oz last night and they marked them down even more today but the roads were bad so didn't go get any more. Going to make some choc covered pretzels, never got them made for Christmas

Right after Xmas is the very best time to pick it up cuz it is very cheap and it freezes very well

If you dip peanut butter ritz bits in white chocolate, they are yummy too, and my favorite is to dip gummie bears or gummie worms in the white chocolate....very good!

OK Late------finally found the recipe for the Butter Creams----
Butter Creams
1# conf. sugar
1/2c. butter (soft)
3T. cream
Mix all together--- I usually divide into 3rds or 4ths to make different flavors.
Plain buttercreams--1t. vanilla
maple---maple flavoring'
peppermint--
wintergreen,
lemon,
raspberry,
Whatever flavor you like--------then roll into small balls & chill--(you can either leave in balls or flatten them out before dipping-just make sure they're well chilled)then dip into melted choc & chill again.

Oh my gosh these all sound so good. I know if I was near them I could not stop myself from eating so better stay away so I'm not in a diabetic coma. Oh just to be young again.

Mug cake

I love this because its easy and sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good :D

MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to coo l a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at
any time of the day or night

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back