What did you buy this time?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
What did you buy the last time you went to anywhere with plants and garden things?

I bought a star jasmine for my arbor.
some petunias for my half barrel
some marigolds cause they were pretty
a hanging basket of petunias for my shepherd's hook
some mulch
some potting soil
some top soil
and a bird bath.

It was just a few weeks ago and I bought two packets of Basil seeds. They were different varieties and Fiona has them squirreled away some where now so I guess she is going to plant them.

Oh boy, are you trying to get me in trouble? I hide all that stuff. LOL
I bought 15 mini pansies, 12 peppers, 4 cubanella, 4 sweet bannana, 2 chilli, 2 habs,
a bag of organic starter. 4 different kinds of mint chocolate, orange, spearmint, and lemon. Chamomile and a new pond liner and now I am in huge trouble because the new Northern Tools Catalog came yesterday and Tim showed it to me. It is here on my desk and is open to the pond section. I will order the a waterfall with Aquagen lighting. This is so cool. It generates it's own power for the lights by the water that is forced through it. I can't wait. Also some floating lights. See nothing but trouble!!!!!!!

Heh... Crabbies,

I hid all mine too!! ;)

if Bf knew I bought bulbs again this year he would flip:eek:

I got

Giant Persian blue allium
mexican daylily
hardy glads
azure blue allium
japanese windflower
rain lily
spider lily (no not our Friend) :D
pink charm daffyodil
oriental stargazers
asiatic lily "costa del sol"
fragrant lily
rosy sunshine daffyodil

and an Elephant ear

now I just gotta figure out where to put all this :rolleyes:

I don't get the Northern Tool catalog any more but I still get their e-mail offerings.

I bought potting soil and 2 dahlia bulbs this morning. One is a bicolor (yellow/white) the other is a bright pink. This makes 4 I've purchased in the last week. In the past months, I've bought loads of vegetable seed, getting ready to plant the veggie garden.

hey tom paint it green and it counts as garden stuff lol I got everything planted today and Jamie helped me level up the birdbath a little more. Now if the dogs would quit barking at the birds and let them bath in peace.

I bought a Black EE, some Bonus S Max for all the weeds in my lawn, some compost w/humus, potting soil, perlite, some 24 assorted tomato plants, some veggie seeds, some seed organic starter mix, some plant markers, need to speet seeds, 3 seed starting kit with the peet pellets. I also ordered tomato and pepper seeds online.

I have spent over my budget for this month Bluewolf so you are not also. And I still need to pay to have the two huge trees in my backyard trimmed tomorrow. I need to stay away from the nurseries. It is so much fun though and makes me so happy to see my garden grow and my flowers blooming.

I don't get the Northern Tool catalog any more but I still get their e-mail offerings.

I wish I didn't! I spent a pretty penny yesterday on line, But I will finally get my court yard and pond finished!!! I didn't even look at the tools. :(

This morning I went to Wal MArt and bought "Hammered paint" to refresh all my outdoor decorations. I have all kinds of suns and signs on the deck and in the court yard and they tend to get rusty and dull. So I dressed them up the last 2 nights. Then I got the great idea that I should repaint my rought iron chairs and benches. Did you know that stuff sticks to plastic too. I can even paint some of my tired worn out plastic pots and they will nmatch the furniture!!! LOL! I am reminding myself of my mother when she used contact paper to cover her kitchen cabinets....she even did her fridge!

I remember using contact paper but not to that extent. paint is a good thing where it is damp all the time. My bird bath is nice . I think the birds will use it if the dogs leave them alone. I hope it isn't another thing for them to bark at constantly.

I bought my self some yellow petite Gladiolus to put in a planter I found at a tag sale last year, I need to lean to stay out of ebay when I'm bored

This morning I went to Wal MArt and bought "Hammered paint" to refresh all my outdoor decorations. I have all kinds of suns and signs on the deck and in the court yard and they tend to get rusty and dull. So I dressed them up the last 2 nights. Then I got the great idea that I should repaint my rought iron chairs and benches. Did you know that stuff sticks to plastic too. I can even paint some of my tired worn out plastic pots and they will nmatch the furniture!!! LOL! I am reminding myself of my mother when she used contact paper to cover her kitchen cabinets....she even did her fridge!

What is "hammered paint"?

I use contact paper to cover boxes I have cut handholds in for storage and also to decorate coffee cans to use as pots and even have put them on certain pots

I buy the border type as well for a quick wrap around a can

I buy most of it at thrift stores so not spendin a bunch,or outa clearance bins
I have also covered old metal boxes to freshen them up!!! ;)

Hammered metal paint from Rustoleum! Lowe's and Home Depot carry it. Wallymart doesn't carry it up here.
It looks like a metal finish!
Comes in two, or three colors!
I like the one with the hammered gold finish!

What is "hammered paint"?

I use contact paper to cover boxes I have cut handholds in for storage and also to decorate coffee cans to use as pots and even have put them on certain pots

I buy the border type as well for a quick wrap around a can

I buy most of it at thrift stores so not spendin a bunch,or outa clearance bins
I have also covered old metal boxes to freshen them up!!! ;)

Hammered paint has a texture that looks like hammered metal and it comes in 4 metalic colors. It's awesome!
Mom made her entire kitchen match with contact paper. I think she was board! It is great for crafts.

It's a great time of year at the moment over here as all the nurseries have BIG sales. They're mainly getting rid of their summer stock and if you know what you're looking for you can get some great bargains. I went out to get some rock phosphate and came back with 13 plants all for less that $20, Woohoo! It included. Louisiana Iris, advanced rosella plants, a grape and even a finger lime. perfect weather for planting too, light showers and a warm day.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back