what does it have??/

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

dragunzgirl

Ok i found this tomato on my cherry tomato plant. WHAT is wrong?????? also can soap water kill your plants??? i was told to use it to kill the aphids.

now all the tomato plants have turned yellow under them and alot of them have the brown spots all over the leaves :(.... my dang sweet pepper plant is dieing to :( it has two baby peppers on it and the leaves are falling off.

DSC01974.jpg

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tomatoes are finicky, too much water will cause the yellowing of the leaves starting at the bottom but not enough and they're still in danger of failing. Water in the early morning or late afternoon. To water while the sun is shining on them can cause the leaves to burn. I've never used soap water but most say it's safe.

sunflower3

I found out from the greenhouse by me, that you should wash the soap water off as it will burn in the sun and kill the plants.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like you have 2 issues. First soapy water is ok to use but the ratio is very low, like 2tsp to a gallon. If you are using it for aphids a strong blast of water works just as well. But it sounds like you may have had too much soap in you spray. And the second is you never water the leaves of a night shade, also not too much water, You might be loving your plants to death;)

dragunzgirl

I found out from the greenhouse by me, that you should wash the soap water off as it will burn in the sun and kill the plants.

ok that is what happen, i used to to to to much soap and i did it in mid day :( and i did not wash it off. DANG MEEEEE!!!!!

ok thanks lots.

also we do try to just wash the aphids away but they come right back, we have a real bad aphid problem. But sense i used the soap water i have not really seen any live ones.

you never water the leaves of a night shade

night shade?

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Night shades are plants such as tomatoes and potatoes. Watering leaves can encourage disease and fungus. I think egg plants are nightshades too.

KallieLashay

been there...

my tomatoes did the same thing last year..especially the green baby ones. Just don't worry about it if it is only one or two tomatoes. It's just mother nature and there are many reasons why this may occur. I have used the soapy water before and it killed my grandmas flowers..lol so I dont do that anymore.

I use Garlic spray. Take a gallon of water and soak a whole garlic bulb (cut up in cloves) in the water overnight. It helps if you boil the water first. And then put it in a spray bottle and spray heavily on your leaves. Re apply after the rain or if water gets on the leaves. This works great!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com