What have you bought or ordered this year so far?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I placed an order just now from Henry Fields $10 off of $30 add at the bottom of the page. I had been watching it for a while. I haven't received my order from Gilbert H Wilde hopefully soon as they said I wouldn't be charge until my order was shipped and they charged my account last week.

I bought some hyacinths at lowe's on sat for 1.50, each pot has 3 bulbs in it, got white, purple and pink striped. Bought a 6 pack of pansies too

Hey MG, I noticed that our Lowes has pansies from Fernlea in Ontario. I am so amazed at how cheap they are here, we bought Fernlea pansies in the fall at the garden center where I worked in Ontario, we bought them in at a higher price wholesale than what the Lowes was selling them for here in PA. I had the cashier double check the price for me. I got them for 1.99 a six pack here this past fall and in Ontario we were selling them for 5.99. I put in some fall pansies last year and they are looking just lovely right now after I did some cleanup on them the other weekend.

MG I got a deal at wal-mart on them too there was only 1 bulb in each pot but they were only 50 cents.
I got the same color that you did. What a great buy

I was given just for digging it up a nice small lavender that is now in a tiny flower bed by our front porch, I bought a small rosemary that will soon be in pot on our front porch..Its too early to buy many plants as we had frost even last night..

melanie

Yeah for me, at walmart I got two packages of caladium and onions to plant, then at home depot I got hanging potted ferns for my porch had a coupon buy one get one free, as I'm a member of their garden club.
Now I want to put the caladium in a planter one is white and the other green and red, suggestion as to what to plant with them..

My little list consists of : a pencil cactus, a moon shadow, ( replacement ) banana tree,Firesticks, Jack Pine, Dawn Redwood, ( replacement ) and of course,veggies to place out in my garden!

I never made it to Walmart or Lowe's after Easter to see if they had any on sale. This is when I usually buy my hyacinth bulbs as they are so much cheaper after Easter then fall. Last Easter Walmart threw them away as my mom went over to get some and they said they trashed them

It kinda irritates me that big stores would rather toss plants than give them to someone.

I received my order from Gilbert H Wild on Wednesday and part of my order from Henry Fields Yesterday. I have to pot up some of them as we had terrible thunderstorms and flooding and more expected this evening. The ground is soaked. I don't know if I have enough pots for all these daylilies. They already looked pretty dry.

Today we bought my MIL a big pot of flowers from the local nursery. It had 2 Astiac Lilly, variegated jacobs ladder, corral bell, sweet potato vine, pansy, little white draping flowers, and a green spike in the middle. It was very pretty and all for $24.95.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back