What is Organic gardening ?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Oxypot

Introduction-
All of us love to consume organic vegetables, fruits but in 2021 it is like a nightmare. Every fruits and veggie we eat today are not organic. Nowadays most gardeners are using synthetic and chemical fertilizers to boost the yield of plants. Organic vegetables are possible when we stop using synthetic mediums in our garden. So growing fruits, veggies, herbs in the garden in a very natural way is known as Organic gardening.

But as an enthusiastic gardener, I would like to ask that if we use organic manure and pesticides for growing plants, will it be organic gardening?

Simply my answer is no. Because from my point of view if you are using plastic pots in your garden make no difference. When we dream about getting organic foods then, why do we use plastic pots and HDPE grow bags in the garden?

So Organic gardening is not about only abandoning chemical fertilizers, also about getting rid of plastic usage in the garden.

Please share your thoughts and also check out my Blog "A beginners guide to Organic Terrace gardening".

Green Botanical Minimalist Garden Store Instagram Post.png

fishycomics

when you get say Potato salad at the supermarket from the Deli department, they come in that 5 gallon pales, they are marked say "Safe for food".

so if its in Plastic its not organic, it can be toxic, at least its recyclable (Smiles)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com