What is this flower.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

Can someone please tell me what this flower is? Its in my sisters garden and we don't know what it is. I have seen it somewhere before tho but just can't remember the name.

Attachments

• Dad pic 352.jpg
    Dad pic 352.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 337

sunflower3

I think the leaves are the ones in the middle of the pic, long leaves, its had to tell, maggie is it the jagged leaves for the flowers?? or the long ones in the center???

Jade

It looks more like Scilla to me. My lily of the valley don't have flowers that look like that.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone identify this flower? Not sure where I got it, probably from a trade but the plant looks similiar to a Gladiolia.

Attachments

• iris2.jpg
    iris2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 299
  • flower2.jpg
    flower2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 316

Maggie

I think the leaves are the ones in the middle of the pic, long leaves, its had to tell, maggie is it the jagged leaves for the flowers?? or the long ones in the center???

The long ones in the center. This one just popped up this year.

K

Kale

Maggie ..can you take another pic! And is it fragrant! the bells are they Fragrant!..

Gloria,
Doesn't look like an Iris I have ever seen..*lol
Look at the ground level if there is a tuber nearly stickin out of the ground it is an Iris.

Kale:)

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Evidently I took it to be an Iris bulb when I got it cause I planted it in my Iris bed. I've never seen one like this.
Thanks for all the help.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com