What is this Wildflower?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

arlinescott

I love to go for walks in the woods to relax and just enjoy true nature at it's best in the Pacific Northwest. I usually have a camera in hand for these hikes just to bring home some of the tranquility. When I was out this past week, I got these photos and wanted to know if any of you could help me identify these plants. One is a wildflower, (ok, probably a weed), and the other was in a Japanese Garden. Both were taken in the Olympia area of Washington at local parks in the spring.

I have a friend who wants to plant the little purple flower and I am just curious about the inconspicuous greenish mauve flower. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• What Flower.jpg
    What Flower.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 321
  • Wildflower.jpg
    Wildflower.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 305

Kya D

Hi there 1st off I want to welcome you to the site you are so welcome here and you will make lots of friends and 2nd to say how pretty the flowers are and 3rd that I have no clue what they are

Bernie

Hi there 1st off I want to welcome you to the site you are so welcome here and you will make lots of friends and 2nd to say how pretty the flowers are and 3rd that I have no clue what they are

I have to say the same as Kya. Welcome.

I have a friend who has a wonderful sitecalled Dereila Nature Inn. He takes photos of plants and wildlife mostly of the PNW. Check out his site and you might be able to ID those lovely plants. If not ask him and I am sure he will be able to help you. If he doesn't have a picture already he may even post your photos and give you credit on the site. Hope this helps. http://www.dereila.ca/intro.htm

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arline,
I have been admiring your photos in the Gallery. Welcome hope you are enjoying the site. I am not sure what you have there but I bet Ron will know. He is my hero he knows everything........;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com