what is your hardiness zone and elevation

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

I thought it might be fun and informative if we each posted our hardiness zone and our elevation.:confused: :D:)
I live at 5500' and we are one the edge of 5-4 hardiness zone, my work is up the hill and is at 6800' so that is why they get snow sometimes when we get rain down here.
A friend of mine moved to NY and she is at 500' and is in about the same hardiness zone as I am.

Last edited:

Bluewolf

I know my zone is 5,5b to 6a depending on whose map you look at

I have no idea about the elevation tho....:confused:

GardenBear1

Bluewolf, I'm in the same zones as you 5 5b and some times 6 they need to leave the zones alone, as far as elevation I don't know

Kya D

OK Wolfie live and learn
Your elevation is 781 feet
It amazes me that we are all in about the same zone

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well..I don't know about elevation either but they refer to eastern SC as the "Low Country" and I'm also in zone 8.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in a mix depending on which way the winds blow during the winter months!
Can be a 6 a or 6b during mild winters, but is usually a 5a or 5b!
As to elevation I can only guess since I'm a couple of feet higher then the the water level of Lake Erie!;)

Alan in Vermont

Zone 4 here, around 300', on sand flats that were once the floor of the sixth great lake, or maybe an inland sea. Might even be both, a lot of our soils have either mini-seashells or calcified/fossilized clam shells.

The white shells are very soft, much like chalk, the black "specks" on the right one small holes, worm holes maybe. The center one still looks like a shell, the underside is still irridescent. These were dug up at the site of a new house in Williston, VT, about 15 miles south of here and about the same elevation, but very heavy clay soil.

Attachments

• fossil-shells-2.jpg
    fossil-shells-2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 317

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
i love old stuff!
Our beach is solid rock with lots af ancient shells, snails and tube worms!
Were we are was once the floor of an ancient inland sea!
On top of this rock is a thick layer of hardpan clay! On top of this nasty clay, is a layer of sand deposited by glaciers from the last ice age!

Kya D

Cool stuff Alan
In our yard we have tons of rocks, some horse shoes, and lots of old nails.

Botann

750 ft. and Zone 8. I'm in the foothills SE of Seattle. More rain here than in Seattle. Hotter here than Seattle in the summer and cooler in the winter. Our summers are fairly dry. Winters....WET. (It's raining now.) Snow, sometimes.
Mike

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com