what kind of lily is this?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I have a few dead flowers in a vase and of course none of them have a bulb or roots. In the middle of the flower there are what looks to be like black seeds and they are long and ashy. The more I handled them, the more black my fingers turned. I want to plant some of them..which I think are star lilies, red crocus or daylilies..I believe it is some type of lily but I have no idea what kind of flower this is. A pic of it is below. And sorry but it is dead at this point...:(

Attachments

• daylilies.jpg
    daylilies.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 270
  • daylily.jpg
    daylily.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 285
Gosh..it's really hard to tell what it is. It does look like some type of lily but lily seeds are hard and doesn't come from the inside of the flower. The petals will fall and then a pod forms that contains the seeds..if it produces seeds.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back