What kinds of trees do I have

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We moved into this house in the fall and most of the trees had berries on them. Now they are flowering so I thought I should find out what kinds they are.
The first 3 are 3 of the same tree. It looks like the one is going to have white flowers. Maybe not, but looks like it.
#4 and 5 we had to cut back alot in the fall because it was totally blocking the bathroom and porch windows. This is the one the daylilies were hiding under.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,2,3 look like a honeysuckle<---large shrub (red berries)
2,5 is in the hydranga family possibly Snowball tree <--large shrub
6 looks familiar, but can't think of the name
7 Ribes ~some species of current

Thanks Ron. For telling me how to prune the lilacs too. We cut a bunch of little ones down in the fall. We couldn't even get that gate open when we moved in.

Kya D

The #6 is a chokecherry bush.
Ron got the rest of em right. I have a snowball bush, Currents (both black and gold)
I also have chokecherries the blossoms should smell kinda bitter sweet. I love jelly made out of them

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com