What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our fresh apples will start hitting the market in August. The ones we have available now are from last fall. It isn't unusual to cut one open and finding it has turned brown.

It is clear today with an expected high of 86 degrees.

woodstock

berry picking time is getting close now.....but we had such a cold spring, Im sure the blueberries arent that sweet this yr.....that wont stop me from picking them.....

another hot day here...85 and humidity coming in tonight.....so will have to close up the place for the next few days....hate when I cannot have my windows opened in the summer.....

Wombat

Yum I love berry picking time, pick some for me please Bobbi, also seems like winter weather has finally settled in, another cloudless sunny day 70F.....38F tonight:eek::eek::eek:

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are in for it today!!
Severe thunderstorm watch with gale force winds today from a system coming in from the western states moves in!
The winds started last evening at around 24 mph and are pretty steady out of the WSW.... could see 50 mph plus during thunderstorms......
81F with a humidex of 97.....
This afternoon 84 with a 102 humidex.....
They are telling us to expect damaging downdrafts during thunderstorms....

HAPPY 1st DAY of JULY!!!!

woodstock

beastly hot here today....93 and super pea soup humidity.....ugh....more coming to tomorrow......double ugh.....thunderstorms might roll thru here and be heavy......arthur is spinning in fla and has its eye set on coming up the coast.....hope he goes out to sea.......

gosh, John, I still cannot believe its going to be 38 in aussie land......you must be pulling our leg.......

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We got you beat on the high temperature, Miss B, but I'm sure it was less miserable than your 93 degrees and high humidity. We were up to 98 degrees today so I stayed inside for most of the afternoon. The weather looks more promising for tomorrow with a high of 82 and clouds returning.

Wombat

Lol Bobbi I wish I was pulling your leg.......July is our coldest month here and it's going to be 38F again tonight.....we also get frost but it's not as bad as it used to be here as I have a lot of trees to protect the more tender tropicals growing outside. 70F again today with another cloudless sky

Trax

@ Wombat: I wanna see photos of your banana plant. :D Don't freeze down there.
@ Ron: Watch those downdrafts and def watch for hail. :eek: I've lost a lot of plants in hail storms.
My photos finished uploading so I'm posting them next.

It's 70*F with a NE wind. It'll reach 85*F tomorrow with possible t-storms.

woodstock

another scorcher today.....95 and lots of humidity.......air is thick and unhealthy out there......waiting for a cool down.....also anxious to see what arthur will bring us.....

Ron forgot to wish you a happy canada day yesterday.......hope it was a good one for you.....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Woodie!
A lot of people took Monday off so they could have a 4 day long weekend!

Yesterday turned out to be just a HHH day minus the storms they forecasted...
The storm front broke up as it moved across the US/CA border!!!!
We did get a lot of winds though.....
In the evening we had a nice light show over the lake with some pop up thunderstorms.....

73F and mostly sunny ...humidex 88...
Going up to 82 with a humidex of 95....

woodstock

woohoo 100.....dont send it over here to us.
its super pea soup this morning.....the sun is trying to come out.....
yesterday afternoon we had 3 hours of thunderstorms......expecting the same this afternoon.....hope it breaks soon.....
and then there is arthur to deal with......busy weather week....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
68F and cloudy...
The first cold front went through and the humidity dropped ......it was a nice dry night for sleeping!
The second cold front will be passing through this afternoon and the temp is expected to drop.....
High today 75 with scattered showers.....low to bottom out at 52F tonight..... and a high tomorrow of 73!
Then the HHH returns on Saturday......
At least we get a break from the heat and humidity!!!

woodstock

that sounds heavenly ron........its still like pea soup here with mega thunderstorms....cooler air tomorrow....cannot wait to open up the windows again and turn the blasted ac off......

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was 75 degrees here today with clouds for most of the day. It is supposed to start climbing though over the next few days though.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nippy this morning!!
59 going up to 72 with low humidity!
Feels and smells like a Fall day!
Light wind out of the NNW....
Risk of thunderstorms later on today....

Tomorrow we get back into the HHH with a high of 77......then low 80's on Sunday....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com