What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We're having a nice long stretch of summer weather with normal temps.....about time too!!
72 going up to 77 with hazy sunshine!
Light winds out of the SE.....
Going up into the 80's tomorrow!!!
No rain in the forecast until around Tuesday......

....the crickets are late too this year ...they are not mature enough to start chirping/twitching their mating songs.....as well as the katydids....seems strange without their sounds .....we usually hear them by the end of July......found a few and they are still too young to do their mating songs....

75 going up to 84.... humidex 91....
Light winds out of the east..
Expecting hazy sunshine all day...
No precip in the forecast until Tuesday....

hotter than haiti's down in SC......humidity was a constant 93%......very draining......but good to spend some time with my aunt.
back home and lovely here....sunny, lovely breeze and no humidity.....yippee.....relief......my kitty is like glue, afraid that I might escape again if she doesnt keep her eye on me....haha.....

Welcome back kiddo! 93% humidity sounds like summer here :D 75F here today warm and sunny with no cool wind blowing 42F last night

67 this morning, and 79% humidity.......rain is coming in tonight.....and the humidity shows that....havent had rain here for almost a week, so guess its time.....

73 going up to 79.....
A system is moving in later on today which will put an end to our warm summer weather:(!!!
Rain and thunderstorms for this evening, overnight and tomorrow.....

Had gale force winds last evening and overnight with periods of pounding rain and thunderstorms....winds out of the SSE...
It was a noisy night.....with a lot of wave action.....the beach was cleaned as the water level rose.....
72 going up to 75 with more rain and thunderstorms today....
Winds are not as bad as last night coming out of the SSW ....partly cloudy
This slow moving low pressure system will be sticking around until tomorrow!!

We almost made it to 100 yesterday. Our thermometer said it was 98 but the TV people said it was 99 with one of the areas close by that did reach 100.

wow Randy, you sure have had one hot summer out there.......its 68 here and raining....going to 76...with pea soup humidity...

Fall weather returned!!!
61 only going up to 70 this afternoon....
Mostly cloudy with showers possible....
Light winds out of the west....
Tomorrow's high will only be 64F!!!!

Like Randy, we have been so hot this summer, I went an bought an air conditioner for the living room as well as the bedroom one. It's been nice because we are on our 3rd week of having grand daughters staying, so have been to the beach lots. Today, we finally got some much needed rain, but it was so humid!! supposed to be back to sun by friday.

Well! Our summer left us for a few days ....again!!
This has not been a hot summer!!!
57 going up to just 64 this afternoon ...then down to 55 tonight!!!
At least it will be mostly sunny...winds variable......

Still no ripe tomatoes....and they are small this year......plants look very healthy as do the peppers and even the fruit are smaller then normal....
zucs are dying due to a bad case of powdery mildew, and the cucs do not look very healthy....

Fiona planted 3 zucchini plants and I planted a couple of "Patty Pan" squash so we have enough squash to feed the neighborhood. I grilled some of the Patty Pan squash yesterday on the pellet grill.

We have clouds and 10% chance of rain today. It looks like we will stay below 80 degrees also.

its been a strange summer here as well.......too hot, or too cold.....not good for veggie growing at all....
today was nice 76, with a light breeze.....no humidity, and going down to 52 today.....for mid august, this is very strange...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back