What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Thanks Janet!

32 and partly cloudy....light winds out of the SE.....39 for the high with some sun and clouds.....

Well they said we would get some sun and we did for about 1 hour this morning, then the clouds and rain came back and now they are saying we are getting another wind rain storm tomorrow!! blah!!!! tracked down Flowers4Yeshua, and all is well with Randy and his wife.

Good to hear they are alright!
We have a Low moving towards us.....high of 45 tomorrow with rain... another Low....Christmas Eve high of 50 with rain....Christmas Day a cold front moves in with a high of 37 ...and rain with possible wet snow mixed in...the winds are expected to be 30 mph +....so it will be a Green Christmas!!!!

46 with periods of rain.....no winds yet!
Heading up to 50+ this afternoon........ with a cold front moving in this evening we will be getting strong winds out of the SW ahead of the front with some easing after the front passes with dropping temps....A wind warning has been issued...Gale force winds likely and could see peak gusts of 40 to 50 mph!!!!
Christmas Day ...mixed precip with a high of 37....24 mph winds out of the west....

raining, foggy and merky here for the past two days, with another day to get thru. glad Im not doing any traveling for the holiday.

wishing all garden forums a very merry and bright xmas., and safe traveling if your doing that!

MERRY CHRISTMAS Woodie!
We're having a major windstorm!!!
Started with rumblings and lots of lightning around 10 pm, then the gusts started....man oh man it's going to be a very noisy night.....
Here's hoping we don't get blown away tonight!!

wow we had days of heavy rain, but today, xmas morning, the rain, wind is gone, its sunny finally and 50! doesnt feel like a xmas day at all this yr, but Ill take it after all the cold snowy christmas's in the past. Feels like I moved to fla!

have a good day Ron, I know how hard it will be this yr for you and your family without mom.
Randy is good. he has been busy with his woodcrafting projects. I miss John and hope he is ok in down under! He hasnt been here since oct.

So I guess it is just you and me Woodie as regulars!!
I really do miss all our old friends......
Today was windy, but nothing like last evening and over night.... high got up to 37 with periods of sun...
Spent the afternoon and evening with 2 of my sisters and their families ....it was awkward at first....everyone looked worn out...but that changed and there were bouts of tears.....it was all good..the meal was super and everyone eventually relaxed......watched a few x-mas movies and we finally left to go home around 10:30......Hedy was good and started whining to go home around 9:00....her normal time for her supper....dogs and their routines!!!
Hope you had a good day Woodie!!!

glad you had a good day with family Ron. the first yr is always the hardest. I had a quiet day with my kitty, and called Laurie to wish her a merry xmas. Of course I had emails from Randy and Julie and even anne in england wrote to me. the weather was so warm for a xmas day. about 45 with some sunshine. Today it went to 48,, with total sunshine and tomorrow its supposed to be 55. Funny we had snow for thanksgiving and not xmas this yr. But Im not going to complain. Hope everyone enjoyed their day. now that the holiday is over, I think old forum friends will be popping back up here.

Now the rest of the family will be coming here on Sunday....it'll be pot luck!
Got up to 47 here with sunny skies....should be the same for tomorrow and cooler for Sunday!!
Need to visit my next door neighbors with a bottle of wine at some point...they didn't head south this year.....and are upset with me because I'll be moving in the new year to the big city......need to look for a one bedroom apartment by March.....man, oh man I will have a lot to do next year!!....

It's the wet season here although the last couple of days it has hardly rained any. We had more today but just enough to annoy us. Temperatures are hanging in the 40's.

we have had some really nice sunny breaks and have gotten out for some nice walks. it has rained all day, and tomorrow they say it is going to get sunny for the next week but well below freezing! we are supposed to be picking up the 4 grand daughters on monday to stay for the week, so I am glad it will be sunny, it usually gets up above freezing during the day so we can go on some walks to the beach to wear them out so they will sleep well! getting ready to watch Disney movies all week :) I ended up being really sick the last few days, managed to cook the turkey but only barely! youngest daughter had us all out to her new place for christmas dinner so all I had to do was cook the turkey and get it out there. I know what you mean Ron, holidays are never the same when there is a huge loss involved in the family :(
glad to see Randy posting again!

Was a nice, weird warm day here....got up to 48 with mostly sunny skies.....still 46 and waiting for the cold front to pass through tonight....with rain until morning....then clearing with a high of 36....which is still above seasonal normal.....
Cancel on tomorrow for the pot luck get-together here at to the lake....my brother is trying to get everyone together....may hand up being on New Year's Day....

raining here this morning. better than snow. colder air is coming lateron.
so what big city are you moving to Ron?

Moving back to Hamilton Woodie.....where I lived most of my life....
The rains ended and it looks like it will clear up later on....36 and probably wont get much higher...light winds out of the west..

thats nice Ron, its like moving back home again. Im sure you will miss the lake but have the fondest memories of that little house. Ill miss the great pictures you have posted.
its 27 this morning, back to more winter like weather. no rain in the forecast, but maybe some flurries on day this week.

I don't! :( I know that "flowers for yeshua" would have it, but she has not been here since the beginning of november either. I have emails from both from a long time ago, but they are on my desktop computer, and my daughter had to take the monitor because hers broke and at least I have my lap top....so I can't even get into that right now.
:)

Hi Deb!!!

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here....
27 going up to at least 30 this afternoon, with sunny skies and light winds out of the NW!!
.....could have a bit of squall activity if the winds pick up...

It wasn't too bad today even when the sun disappeared for the rest of the day.......
Did get up to 30 but with a windchill!!
21 for tonight....feels like winter now with a 19 windchill!!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back