What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

woodstock

Happy New Year everyone! its 20, blue skies, but super windy this morning. a storm is brewing for sat night I hear, and it will be a snow maker.

Good New Year Morning everyone!!
It was very windy last night....when I got up I could see my breathe !!!!! it was 59 in the house!!!.....had the fireplace set too low before I went to bed last night......turned up the fireplace and the furnace and it is now a toasty 63 and climbing!!!!
27 out there with 30 mph winds out of the SW with higher peak gusts.....
The waves have been building ice mounds along the shoreline....

Wishing everyone a Super 2015!!!

it was pretty windy here as well. started at 20 and never went above 27. but it was sunny, so not complaining.
supposed to get a little warm up and then still talk of a snow storm heading this way sat night.

Super windy here all day.....loud pounding surf throwing ice up in the air as it hit the ever growing ice banks.....they grew to a good 4ft high and are still growing......temp is now 29 with winds around 20 mph, which shifted, and are now out of the west!
Warmer tonight then last and tomorrow's high 30+ ,,,,,the weekend should be mostly a rain event....and in the low 40's..

It is still cold here but we had a clear sky. I'm pretty sure we made it up to 40 degrees today.

22 and gloomy here this morning. The street lamps are still on. Im still hearing a major snow event for sat night. I keep thinking its monday and not friday. Ill get back in gear next week, haha

27 with mostly sunny skies....going up to a bit above freezing this afternoon....
Light winds out of the NW.....
Expecting rain/wet snow and possible periods of freezing rain tomorrow afternoon.....

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 312
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 312
We had a clear sky and 24 degrees this morning but the clouds started building this afternoon and the temperature went up to 40 degrees.

26 with winds out of the SE.....still not sure if it will be snow, freezing rain, or just rain...
Will find out in a few more hours when the systems arrive and merge over us.....one is an Alberta Clipper and the other a Texas Low...
The temp is going up ....should hit 37 this afternoon.... slowly rising to 48 for the high tomorrow....then the bottom drops out and go into a deep freeze on Monday!

wow those are amazing pics Ron. looks like the waves froze in place. Ive never seen anything like that before. Ill bet if I lived in maine, I would see that.

did all my running around early this morning. snow is expected about 1ish, and thats just around the corner. snow is expected until 10pm, then a warm up with sleet changing to rain early tomorrow morning. glad Im inside now, save and sound.

Thanks Woodie! I'll post more once the temps drop and the ice starts up again next week.
Light freezing rain for the last 2 hours with a 29.....waiting for the temp to go up so it will turn to just rain....doubt we will be getting any snow....at least until the cold front passes through late on Sunday!!

Had freezing rain all day yesterday and it finally shifted over to just rain in the late evening as the temp rose...had some thunder and flashes during the night.....
37 this morning and it is still raining, and foggy... rising to the low 40's
Very light wind out of the west.....winds are expected to pick up speed to 24 mph plus as the cold front passes through.....could see 40-50 mph gusts by this evening with snow.....

snow turned to sleet, then rain during the night. everything has stopped now, and Im waiting for these 60's they are talking about.
next comes the cold front and baby its going to be mighty chilly this week. the end of the week will be 3 as a low and 17 as a high.
old man winter is rearing its head!

After a week of below freezing but very clear and sunny weather, we are back to warmer but monsoon rain! so dark and gloomy :( Had the grand daughters here and it was nice to be able to go out with them in the nice weather. We drove them back to their home on friday, it was sad to see them go. Little one had a very bad cough and cold and I got it, have been so very sick this weekend.

cold air came thru last night. its 13 this morning, and the winds are howling, so Im sure its below freezing. dont think we will go higher than about 20 today, if that.

10 with a windchill of -9 ......BRRRRRRRR!!!!....might get up to 14 this afternoon.....partly sunny.....
Winds 20mph out of the west!!!
Might get a light dusting of snow like we had last evening.....not expecting much snow during the week....
Thick dark clouds out over the lake all heading east.....so the lake effect snow squalls is up and working again....they are going to get hammered on the other side of the lake!!

Last edited:
We had some drizzle early this morning but that stopped. It was gray all day though. The temperature got up to 54 degrees though and I liked that a lot better than 44.

those 44's do look rather good. its 10 here this morning, and not going up much from there. tonight snow and then 30-40 mph winds, making it feel like minus 20 tomorrow. burrrrrrrrrrrr

Got up to 12 by 9am and will get up to 16 this afternoon...
Got a light dusting of snow and very light snow is falling...it's more or less lake effect snow...we have hazy sunshine....
Very faint breeze out of the SW and the lake is calm.....
Winds picking up and shifting out of the west later on today...
40% chance of snow...
I really don't mind the cold temps.....just hate the winds when they're blowing!!!

Last year at this time the lake was frozen over, and were being hammered with those damm polar vortexes......
So far, we have had an easier winter!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back