What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

zero and sunny here. not that the sun makes any difference. the wind isnt here yet. tomorrow will be brutal here and Ill be out in the morning, then home for the rest of the day hiding inside.

Love the photos Janet! Reminds me a lot of Northern Ontario and Newfoundland!!!

18F with partly cloudy skies...windchill is 3F....going up to 25 this afternoon..
Later on today the coldfront will pass through bringing with it the Polar Vortex!!
Low tonight 3F...windchill -18!!!
1F by morning and a high of 7 for tomorrow!

Sure glad Ron, you don't have to worry about that kind of weather like you had to out at the lake!! We got up to 59F today, and the sun came out for a few hours. It was very nice. The rain moved back in again late this afternoon, apparently it is going to be going back and forth from sun to rain over the next week, and temperatures will remain very mild, much like today. We are hoping for a couple of sunny days so we can get the fruit trees sprayed with dormant oil before the buds break!! it will be happening very soon!

its 5 here this morning and the winds have already started. it will drop all afternoon and be below zero by 6pm. pretty blue skies tho. very deceiving!

Janet, I am so greatful I no longer have to deal with winter at the lake anymore!
I'm still close to the lake...just a 10 minute drive south...

-2 with a windchill of -22!! At least it's sunny! Light breeze out of the NW.
Might get up to 7 this afternoon......

It has been such a dark gloomy day!! rain non stop! had at least some lights on all day! we got to babysit our grand daughter who is just turning one for a couple of hours though, she brought the sunshine in her smiles!! :) sounds corny but true! lol

its sunny here and minus 1. dont see any wind, but thats mighty cold. last night I watched the temps go from zero to 10 below. burrrrrrrrrrrrr
think we will see about 10 for our high today, then the snow comes in tomorrow.

Was -6 when I got up, now it's -2.
Might get up to 12 this afternoon, and slowly going up to 19F by tomorrow morning....
At least it is sunny again today!!
Tomorrow will be toasty warm at 34F!
Looks, from all the models, that we will be on the outer edge of the storm system you will be getting Woodie....
Isolatd flurries for tomorrow and light snow for Tuesday.

its zero here this morning. we are expecting some snow tonight into tomorrow, then a warm up and maybe 48 tomorrow. that will be a treat. the snow will then turn to rain. another storm next sat. this month has flown by. hard to believe its half gone already. but that brings us closer to spring time. yahoo

Yes! It is nice we are half way through February!
19F ...heading up to 32 this afternoon!
So happy the arctic blast is over with!!!
Been snowing lightly all morning and expecting much the same all day with light winds out of the south.
Might see a total of an inch before the storm moves in late tonight.....
It will be a glancing blow and only expecting 2 to 4"s overnight and into tomorrow....

I thought I would see piglet floating by in his umbrella today! it rained so much. Only got up to about 50F today, but felt colder than that to me. we may get some sun tomorrow they said, I sure hope they are correct!

got about 3 inches of snow last night, then it turned to ice and now rain. everything is glazed outside now. what a mess. the temps are up to 20 tho, which is a plus after zeros this weekend. if it would only melt now.

Had an extended period of light freezing rain yesterday afternoon and evening, turned to snow late evening.
30F with light winds out of the north....
Got around 4"s so far and it is still coming down...
Expecting light snow all day...tapering off this evening....
Should have 6+ inches by the time the system moves out!

We didn't make it to 60 degrees today, but it was close. We made it to 59. There was some light rain this morning but that stopped about 10:00. The clouds hung around though for the rest of the day.

had heavy rains yesterday afternoon as the warm air pushed thru. all the snow from monday is gone now and we are back to zero snow again.
got to 54 yesterday, and today will be about 45.

Got 6"s of wet snow yesterday.....

30F today with occasional flurries from a loose system that should move out this afternoon..
The sun is finally peeking out and the clouds move off.
Winds are light out of the east...
Dropping to 10F tonight ...with a high of 23 tomorrow with mostly sunny skies!

Update on El Nino:
It is not showing signs of weakening, and looks like it will be around for sometime!
They are calling for an early warmer then usual spring.....

It was cloudy all day with a high in the mid 50s. The rain held off until about 4:00 pm.

sunny and 20 this morning. had some flurries last night but it didnt amount to much. today will be cooler at about 35.

9F with sunny skies!
High 23 which will also be our low for tonight!
39F for tomorrow with possible wet snow/ice pellets/freezing rain....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back