What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

got the treat of a beautiful sunny day on tuesday, worked outside for most of it, it was so warm I had a summer top on and hubby was in shorts! lol but we had the rain come back again yesterday. today was a bit of light showers but then cleared for the late afternoon. the daffodils are blooming along with the crocus, primroses, wild currant, and my early rhododendron. Cherry trees have started blooming in the city of Vancouver BC too!! extremely early for them!

Please post some photos Janet!!!
Would live to see you blooms!

This week has been the snowiest week this winter! Everything is covered in white....thankfully it will not stay white for long!
32F with thick overcast skies, going up to 41 this afternoon.....with icepellets/possible freezing rain turning to rain...
Tomorrow will be a good 50 degrees wamer then last Saturday.....

I don't know what our high temperature was for the day but right now it is 44 degrees and raining. It rained most of the day here mostly light rain with a few heavy showers.

welcome phyllis.
blue skies and 30 this morning. hear its going up to 54 today. I also see a bunch of robins in the backyard . I dont ususally see them until mid march. very strange. could winter be over with?

Hi Phyllis!

The temp went up to 46F last night as a warm front passed through with this latest vigorous system.
Temp dropped down to 43 this morning and looks like it will be our high for today.
A lot of the snow melted overnight with the strong, at times, gale force winds.
Not as windy as last night ..winds averaging 21 mph with a few peak gusts.
Should be partly cloudy today....

Woodie, been seeing robins off and on all winter....there's usually a few that winter over.

It only got up to 50F today and the wind chill felt like a LOT lower than that!! but you can see it was a beautiful sunny day.
I made a quick trip around the yard to get some pics for you Ron! the crocus were already closed for the day. I am not well today so haven't been outside other than my brisk walk around the yard! hopefully will feel better tomorrow and can get out in the neighbourhood!
This is my 2nd favourite rhododendron, it blooms so early! the buds are a darker pink and the blossoms go from pale pink to white and they are very transluscent. It is a dwarf variety, I don't have a clue anymore about the name! Then there is my fish in the pond, looking like they want to be fed but it is still a bit too cold, but the water hyacinth is blooming. my armandii clematis has started to open, and the california poppies are getting tiny buds on them already!
IMG_0221_zpsj4m3a6na.jpg

IMG_0218_zpsk5asd7zx.jpg

IMG_0215_zpsdqkm0swt.jpg

IMG_0217_zpsjibtxotk.jpg

IMG_0223_zpskbhdmpsd.jpg

lovely to see all those flowers this time of yr. will be months til we see them over on this side of the states.
having 60 was so nice yesterday, but today wont be as warm. there is something nasty coming this week. snow or mix, maybe turning to rain.

Thank you Janet! Such lovely bloomers!!
It got into the low 40's yesterday and it was warmer last evening after the sun set....the winds died down!
Most of the snow is gone now, with just a few drifts left!

36 this morning with hazy sunshine and some clouds...
37 for the high then the temps drop to 23 tonight and a high of 28 tomorrow...then it warms up again..
Keeping an eye on the next system....we may or may not get anything from it depending on how it tracks ....

we got to 40 yesterday. this morning its 20 with sunshine. not going to be too warm today, maybe 30-35
have a good day everyone.

28F with partly cloudy skies..
Might get up to 36 this afternoon...
Light winds out of the NE.....

A possible nasty winter storm on the way for Weds and Thursday! They are still debating over the exact track it will take and amount of snow/rain/freezing rain.....

23F and sunny!
Going up to 36 with mostly sunny skies!
Cloud cover moving in later on today as the storm system develops and heads our way.....

18 here this morning and gloomy. we are to get something lateron this evening. they are talking a mix of snow, ice then rain.

We had frost last night but our sky was clear and bright until mid afternoon when some clouds started building. We got up to 56 degrees which was really nice.

30 here this morning. had some snow last night, just a dusting. then came the sleet, and this morning it warmed up and became rain. rain is coming from down south. will be heavy today and into tomorrow. better than snow.

34F with heavy cloud cover, winds out of the NE and are picking up speed.
Temps to rise to 37 and to satay around that overnight.
Been raining all morning and expecting heavy downpours late morning, and off and on all afternoon.
For us this Texas system is a rain event, further north they are expecting snow and freezing rain.
Tomorrow rain turning to snow as the back end coldfront passes through bringing a northern flow of colder air!
Might see an inch or 2.

horrible thunder and lightening last night, with teaming rain. its 50 this morning and balmy. it will cool down this afternoon with showers during the day, and turning to snow at night. shouldnt be much, so they say.

Temp is dropped!
Was 34 when I got up and now it's 32! Will hover around freezing and drop to 18F tonight...
Been snowing for the last couple of hours....but with the warm ground it is melting....just a light dusting on the grass and rooftops.
Had inches of rain yesterday with a few t-cells....
Doesn't look like we will be getting much in the way of snow...

It has been 2 days that feel like early summer here! we got up to about 65F today! here are some crocus blooming in the trellis for my dwarf clematis. the other 2 are the little clay pots I have on our patio table. I have them planted with different sedums, and now moss is growing and another little plant that blooms in summer with purple flowers that look like snap dragons, but this is all very small!! I have the dragon and his castle and such in there, and the grand kids love to come and look and move things around :) one pic I took with the dragon in focus and the other with the foreground plants in focus. these sedum pots are the easiest thing to take care of I own!! I never water them, they have been frozen into icebergs and they always keep growing! the other plant is my coral jade that i put out on nice days to get some extra sun
IMG_0253_zpscldqswol.jpg

IMG_0258_zpskiph4fdr.jpg

IMG_0257_zpspmiegjyu.jpg

IMG_0259_zpsztzewien.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back