What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

aweful here as well Ron. its like pea soup. 90's and humidity way in the 70's. thankfully I have AC so I can sleep but I hate what it costs.
hoping for rain, but doesnt look like it. talk of thunderstorms tomorrow. we need rain badly. there is supposed to be a cool front coming down from canada (thank you ron) on friday night. if that happens the weekend will be nice and not too hot for me to go picking blueberries.
gosh I miss randy! wish he would get his computer fixed.

Heard thunder when I went to bed last night....but not a stitch of rain! Everything is so dry!
Storms must have been to the south of us ...as usual!
72F with an 88 humidex!
Complete cloud cover and getting windy.....winds out of the SW...
79 For this afternoon with a 95 humidex! Blah!
Two coldfronts will be passing through today....hoping one of them will dump rain!!!
73F for the high tomorrow!

no rain so far. its another day of pea soup here, and cloudy. Hopefully it will rain today. and a good steady rain is what we need, but thats not what they are forecasting. ugh 90 for a high today, and oppressive humidity.

had a heavy downpour at 4pm yesterday for about 20 min. but that was the end of the rain.. we need more than that. another hot 90 degree day with high humidity, into the 70% range. then tonight the cold front comes down. should be nicer and cooler over the weekend.
have a super weekend everyone!

Sure wish we had rain! We are just not gatting the right conditions! Or, the systems pass either to the south , or to the north!
72F and partly cloudy.
Light winds out of the SW.
Humidex is around 86.
Going up to 75 with a humidex of 88.....
At least the temps are moderate making the humidity more tolerable!
Getting another warm up starting late Sunday/Monday........

Nice sleeping last night with the low humidity!
64F with partly sunny skies.
Heading up to 73 with a humidex of 81!
Going to be another good night tonight!!
Warmfront set to move in tomorrow afternoon/evening.....possible thunderstorms into Monday...
Hoping for good rain with this system!!!

humidity went down last night and its more bearable today. picked blueberries this morning early. get huge size this yr. picked 5 pds in less than an hour. going to 88 today and then 60 tonight so nice sleeping weather.
have a super weekend everyone!

What a change from last summer when we had a raging forest fire going near us, could hardly breathe for the smoke in town, no outside watering of plants at all!! this year we are having a big mix! each day seems to have some showers, and then some sun! eating lot's of cucumbers and tomatoes already, and beans too. locally grown corn is available in the market already. I tried some melons this year, but the plants died off, it just wasn't hot and full on sunny enough for them here. I don't see any postings from Randy for the past month! hope all is well with him and his family.

hi smiley. randy is having computer problems. hope he comes back soon.
we had thunderstorms roll thru here last night, one after another with heavy downpours. not what we want, but Ill take it. we want some nice slow steady rain to get deep. the humidity is gone tho for now. beautiful morning, sunny and cool at 63. have a great sunday!

Hi Janet!
Good to hear from you!
Weird weather continues here!
So far this month we got less then and inch of rain....the rest of the month expected to be the same....not enough rainfall....

Went down to 59 last night ...had to get up during to get a blanket....not used to the cooler air after all the heat!
66F humidex 73.....going up to 79 with a 86 humidex.....
Mostly sunny with light winds out of the SW....
80% chance of thunderstorms overnight and tomorrow....

60 this morning. a big thunderstorm came thru last night about 4am and woke me up. heavy rain for about 20 min. we can use the rain of course. still very dry here. 88 this afternoon but there is a nice breeze and the humidity didnt go up yet. thats coming tomorrow with more 90's.
have a good sunday everyone.

yesterday was down right hot!!! 90 .....house got too hot so had to put the AC on. by 10pm it had cooled down alot and got to open up the windows for the night. went down to 60 overnight. this morning is lovely. but soon the humidity is returning and this afternoon will be back in the 90's . followed by more thunderstorms this afternoon. then a cool off and the next three days should be very nice with highs in the mid 80's and less humidity. that will be a treat!

Yesterday afternoon was yucky humid......
Thunderstorms rummbled through here around 4am ...... some lightning strikes were close enough to shake the apartment with their extremely loud booms! Good amount of rain fell in such a short period of time!
More on the way!!!
Good cloud cover this morning....
75F ...humidex 93!
Going up to 79 with a humidex of 95!! Blah!!!
Light winds out of the SW.....

Low tonight 66
Tomorrow's high only 73 with a hiumidex in the 80's.....

Hiya Janet! :) Had a thunderstorm roll in over night and some rain as well. Still HHH here though and they tell us to expect the upper 90's as the week goes on with dry weather ( of course ,the HHH will remain too -- I can just imagine as well ) :rolleyes: The rain we had over night was much needed but,it was so hard coming down,it did not do much of anything,except " run off " when it hit the ground. ( we need about a full week of a gentle rain < morning ,afternoon,evening and night sorta thing > Looks like it will be an indoors week ( of sorts ) for me -- that humidity thing is not for me anymore. ( wonders how I stood that as a kid --- either I did not care or was younger ( both perhaps ) :D Anyway,,I thought I would pop in and say Hi once again and hope everyone is well. Whatever your plans hold,have a beautiful day and a wonderful week ahead all!! :)

rain came late yesterday, about 8pm. then came the cold front which pushed that humid air out. its wonderful this morning, so crisp and sunny.
we will have two really nice days and then the HHH comes back this friday with a vengenance! its going to be very bad this weekend. 100 with the heat index. yuk

Was hoping for another round of thunderstorms and rain last evening but the system shifted south of the lake as the coldfront passed through!!

61F this morning with partly cloudy skies!
Feels nippy out there without the humidity!
Calling for a high of 77 this afternoon with low humidity...
Winds are light out of the west, shifting from out of the SW this afternoon.
The humidity and temps go back up starting tomorrow....saying we could break a few heat records by the weekend!

Rain possible by Thursday!!

Nippy this morning !!
56 when I got up!
Mostly sunny and 61 now.... with light winds out of the SW...
Going up to 77 this afternoon with a humidex of 82.....not too bad, but the humidity will be going up again on Thursday...
Looks like we will be getting a hot humid weekend!

boy I saw 45 upstate NY this morning. we had 59 and a breeze. but sunny and another beautiful day here today. then the HHH comes and Im not looking forward to that at all. hearing mid 90's every day for 4 days, and humidity above 70 %. wow Ill be hiding this weekend.

Mostly clear skies this morning.
70F humidex 81.
Light winds out of the SW...
The humidity will be building slowly today...
Heading up to 82 with a humidex of 93....
Thunderstorms possible 70% overnight and into tomorrow 80%.
Low tonight 75F with a humidex of 91.... BLAH!!
Heat warning was issued!

59 this morning, so a lovely summers morning, and going up to 90, but the humidity isnt coming until tonight. then we will have 4 miserable days of a heat wave.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back