What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
No frost last night..
Low was 43....46F with deep blue sunny skies... going up to 54 this afternoon.
Expecting another windy day now that the winds shifted out of the SW from NW.
Looks like the above norm weather will continue right through and into next weekend.....
Low to mid 50's and possibly low 60's with night time lows in the low to mid 40's.....
Crazy weather for November!!

woodstock

turned out to be a beautiful fall day. lots of sunshine and blue skies, about 56, no wind. very delightful. I even opened up a few windows for an hour or so. looks like mid 50's for most of the week. pretty crazy for mid november. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mild last night with a low of 46.....
50 this morning and should go up to 57 this afternoon under partly sunny skies.
Winds are a lot lighter this morning out of the SW.....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Light frost last night!
Sunny and 43 with just a few clouds to the south our over the lake!
Warming up to 54 this afternoon....with very light winds out of the SW....
Rain moving in this evening and overnight with a low of 48.....

Might get our first bout of winter this weekend if the Colorado Low develops and tracks our way....too many "if"s at this point!

woodstock

got some beneficial rain all yesterday into the night. it was cloudy earlier but now the sun is making its appearance. 43 and going up to 55 today. lots of bare trees now.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
All the trees are naked, except for the weeping willows.....they are always the last to turn yellow and drop....
46F with showers.
Looks like it will be a gloomy morning, then clearing this afternoon with some sun.
54 for the high....dropping to 43 for the low tonight.

hillview

It is very cloudy here and the temperature is about 43F.The weather is starting to get really cold up here and it won't be long before it starts snowing really hard.I have already started winterizing my garden before that happens. I have bought some crop covers and I have already got almost half of the plants well covered up I have to do the rest this afternoon.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Hill! So glad you joined our forum!

Weird morning with frost, fog and hazy sunshine!
32F ...sky looks clear above the fog! No winds.....
Warming up to 54 this afternoon!
Warm front moves in later on today, and will have a low of 50 tonight.

woodstock

Welcome Hillview. where do you live. Im in upstate NY
today is sunny and 40 so far. they say it will go up to 60 again like yesterday which will be a treat for this time of yr. Im hearing colder next week, and something about a storm. they have mentioned the S word. ugh!!! well, you cant stop mother nature!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
54F with clear sunny skies....just a light wind out of the south.....
64 for the high this afternoon.
54 for the low tonight and that will be our high for tomorrow....with light rain showers....
...then the nasty weather arrives on Sunday with a high of 37 with a mixed bag!
36 on Monday with a mixed bag ...
Temps expected to stay above freezing so any snow will be wet and won't last long o the ground..

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice sunrise this morning with hues of orange pink and red!
54F and clouding over..... and that is our high for today......
Dropping to 33 this afternoon.
Showers on and off all day...with wet snow later on today and light snow by evening and overnight...not expecting much...

woodstock

had a beautiful sunny day today. 62 was the high. but the curtain closes tonight. talk of snow, rain or a mix for tomorrow afternoon. yuck!

woodstock

we had rain last night. the wind is picking up now, and there is snow flurries. I dont think much will happen down here,, but up north will get some snow.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
30F with nasty 30 mph winds out of the NW, with higher gusts expected....didn't get any snow....yet!
Doesn't look like we will see any noticeable amounts like they are getting across the lake, and to the north of us.
Rising to 36 this afternoon with possible flurries, and, or rain....dropping to 30 overnight....

smiley_face2

Hi all! we have had a very mild but very wet fall. Broke some high temp records and some rainfall ones too! My dahlias and geraniums, fuschias are all still blooming! it's strange to be putting up the christmas lights and wreath and looking at the flowers! even my impatience is still blooming, if looking kind of straggly. Our middle child, our daughter, has been really struggling with some health issues, so we have been doing a lot of child minding, kids are 2,4,7 so between that and the stress of worry it's been hard. No getting out of the rain for us, we can not afford a trip to sunny california again this year.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Janet!
Thanks for dropping in!

It has been a weird Fall here too. Above normal temps and still have a few things blooming....Calendula and gailardia just won't stop even after frosty nights...
Had our first winter storm ...but got no snow....it was a wind and rain event! Winds are atill howling and expecting 30 to 40 mph winds again today.
28F this morning after the coldfront finally passed through....going up to 36 with winds and clouds....
Winds are out of the NW and might get a short squall or two coming in off of Lake Huron this afternoon but probably not depending on wind direction

woodstock

HI janet. have a great holiday if you dont come back soon

over a foot north east of here in the berkshires. they always get the brunt of the snow. we had rain, but the temps have really dropped. 20 this morning and a high of 35. we had bad wind yesterday, but today is quieter. Ill bet syracuse got hammered yesterday. I still have a geranium in a pot by my front door, its over an overhang and has a bud on it. I doubt it will bloom with this cold air tho.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't realize that calendula were so frost resistant.... the flowers curl up when the temp drops below 32 and open up again when the temp goes up above freezing:
2006-07-19 06.15.15-1.jpg
2006-07-19 06.16.04.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com