What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Beautiful photos Ron!! you always took such good pictures!!
I took a few outside today too, after my complaints about the rain, I woke up to sun and it was sunny all day, so nice to get outside and do some cleaning up!! I will get some posted tomorrow :) it was as I said nice and mild today, I think it got up to about 60F but didn't actually check. Sadly they said it is going to rain again tomorrow, but for now it is nice to see the stars and know they haven't disapeared! Lol!
Woodstock, sadly I was trying to say we can not afford a holiday this year. At least not one all the way to sunny California :( but that's ok! Our daughter is doing a lot better and we had a really wonderful family breakfast yesterday. our youngest stayed over with her fiance because they were at a fundraiser in town, and our other daughter and her 3 little ones were already staying here due to her health issues and needing our help. It felt like Christmas came early! :) We will be going to Victoria for 4 days for our anniversary at the beginning of December, but that's because I have to use up my airmiles before the end of december or lose them. I am looking forward to exploring all the historical places there, and having afternoon tea, and visiting the BC museum. It will be a nice inexpensive get away and I feel fortunate we can do it!

beautiful pics. thanks for sharing.
had snow flurries all day yesterday. it was so raw and nasty out. a real taste of things to come. today we have some sunshine but no higher than 40.

Thanks guys! Not sure if they will survive the next couple of nights....

Yesterday's high was 32 and just hovered there! Winds were brutal!
Last nights low was 25F and windy!
30F now with mostly cloudy skies, but not as windy....
High is expected to inch up to 37...maybe....
Low down to 30.....

Another Colorado Low will track through probably late Weds, bringing a warm front....so warming up a bit with highs around 45 for Thurs into Sunday.....

Janet, have you heard from Randy! He hasn't been on here for months now... Wondering if he is ok!

Oh my gosh am I glad I spent the day in the sun yesterday!! it is just miserable out today! pouring rain, blowing, so dark and gloomy! only bright spot is that it is really mild! 50F right now.
Ron, I know he had no computer for quite a long time, and he also got hacked, I have him as a friend on facebook. But he hasnt' posted anything since Oct 30 so not sure what's happening.

That is too bad, getting hacked, probably clicking something on Facebook, is nerve wracking....Facebook can be a dangerous place if one isn't careful!
Just hoping he is alright....

It is a frosty morning here with hazy sunshine.
25F earlier this morning......expecting high in the mid 40's this afternoon.
No winds for a change....

ok kids, talk to randy via phone every other week. He is doing fine. having problems with internet.. his daughter looked at his computer, she does IT work at a police dept. thought she had it fixed, but didnt last. I think in the end he will have to get a new computer. Maybe santa will bring him one. I think he got some sort of bug on facebook. glad I dont go on that.

Chilly this morning, 20 and going up to 40 this afternoon. hope the darned wind stops soon. they are talking a mix of snow and sleet for early tomorrow morning. will be a nightmare for travelers this holiday. have a super day!

Thanks Woodie! Glad Randy is ok! Hopefully Santa will bring him a new pc!
Yes facebook is full of very sneaky fake links....one click and you have a big problem!!
For the most part facbook is safe as long as you are not click happy....

We will be getting rain with the warmfront that is passing through now....then possible widespread snow once the cold front passes through and the rain turns to snow!! Not expecting much snow..no more then an inch or two!

Last evening it was 32F when the rains started.....turned to ice pellets, with a few rounds of freezing rain.. and saw a few flakes....by late evening the temps rose to 35 and whatever fell melted.
This Colorado Low is another dud, at least for us! It snowed further north.....
37F with heavy overcast....with not even a whisper of a breeze...
39F now and heading up to 45 for this afternoon, with showers off and on...with light winds out of the west....
41 for the low tonight...

>>>>at least t's not raining this morning!
Mostly cloudy with moments of sun, with light winds out of the west.
40F
43 for the high with a mix of sun an clouds.... low tonight 37....with showers into tomorrow...

Heavy overcast skies....
36 and raining with a bit of wet snow....
Expecting rain all day, with a high of 43....
Light winds out of the west....
Down to 36 tonight with rain claring out....

Woodie, Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

thank you Ron. it was dismal but didnt rain until night. its been drizzling the last three days. the stores are packed with xmas shoppers. oh, I see the sun peaking out now. yippee

Nice and sunny for a change!!
32F with light frost on the roof tops...
Should hit 46 this afternoon with some clouds, but mostly sunny.....
Fairly light winds out of the SW for today....
37 for the overnight then 48 for tomorrow!

the holiday weekend is winding down now. lots of traffic out there with people going home and xmas shoppers out in full force. the weather was gloomy and wet for the 4 days, but finally some sunshine this afternoon. it wont last much longer. After tomorrow, we are in for days of rain and gloom again.

Yesterday's morning sun ony lasted a few hours...then the clouds moved in!
Sunny again this morning and it looks like it will stick around.
Already 41 after a frosty sunrise of 32....
Light winds out of the south....
Heading up to 48 with rain moving in by evening with a warm front...shouldn't last long..
50 for tomorrow....

Finished the tree....played around with my camera settings ....bit grainy....looks a bit like a painting!
2006-07-30 08.46.52.jpg

Ron your tree is awesome!!!! we had a warm day today with lots of sunshine and it got to about 50. tonight the rain comes in for 2 days.

Ron, that is just stunning!!! thankyou for sharing! I gave up on a full size tree, and just have a little 4 foot one now.
6 days of miserable weather since my last post, till today, woke up to sun again. It's been getting colder at night, but still no frost. I finally brought my bird of paradise and banana plant though, in case it sneaks up on us! Unusual to be at the end of november and had no freezing weather yet. I made the effort to go to the beach and watch the sunset tonight, since they are few and far between these days! the weather guessers said it looks like December will be drier for us again, fingers crossed!

Thanks Woodie and Janet!
It is an interesting photo and has an antique-like feel to it!

The latest system is another wind and rain event.....Strong winds moved in last evening and picked up speed all night.....winds shifted from SE to NW overnight and are still howlingly at around 26 mph with peak gusts of 45 mph!
Rain let up, and should clear up later on today... but the winds will continue!
54F
Going up to 57 this afternoon with winds around 21 mph but easing off later on today....
Low toningh 46!

I do a 4 foot one too. cute but nice. all toys instead of ornaments because my kitty likes to pull them off. bad kitty, I know also spoiled!!!!

tons of rain today which we need. our reservoirs are down 30 %. rain all tomorrow as well. but it was warmer because of the humidity. almost 50

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back