What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Half of the snow was lafe effect, the other half was from the Colorado Low that dragged moisture up from the Gulf of Mexico.
Got around 5 inches, and by late evening it was still coming down....temp went up, snows stopped and turned to rain.
34F with around half of the snow left.....going up to 37F this afternoon with rain.....
Shouldn't be much snow left by evening!
Dropping to 30 and 28F overnight....with isolated flurries...

Think Polar Vortex! It arrives by Weds!!

had 5 inches of snow yesterday morning. that was enough for me. cold air coming in by thurs. then more snow over the weekend but they arent saying much about it yet. I cant wait to hear about it. I may be hiding this weekend.

28F with heavy overcast.
Might get up to 32F with gusty winds out of the SW.
Calling for snowsqualls for this afternoon.....
Dropping to 16F tonight....

We are still freezing here!!! we had another snowfall, another few inches, but just on the other side of Vancouver, they got about a foot of snow and it's still all there! it cleared out again and it was a brilliant sunny day even if it was freezing! all the snow up on the mountains is so beautiful, I am really appreciating the change in weather! I think we had only a couple of nights that even got down to freezing last winter! I will probably loose my fuschias and geraniums that I have managed to keep outside for the last few winters, but thats ok! :)

We're slipping into a deep freeze!
12F last night with a windchill of 0F!!
At least it's sunny!!!
Might get up to 27 but the winds will be picking up 27 mph with higher gusts! Windchill 10F...
Expecting snowsqualls again for this afternoon with WSW winds coming in off the lake...
Might break a record low tonight and or tomorrow night.....

This blast of arctic air will be short lived.....warming up on Saturday!

Wow Ron now that is cold! we have record breaking temperatures around us, at 9F but in the town I live in it has only gotten down to 16F which is still too cold for me! lol and we also are supposed to start to warm up on the weekend and get another bit of snow before it gets wet and mild again next week. I think I might have a leak in my pond, the water level is way down, unless it's just evaporation from the extreme cold, but I think not. I think I didn't notice it in the fall because it was raining non stop for a good 6 weeks and keeping it filled. now that we have not had any precipitation in a couple of weeks, it's slowly leaking out. what a horrible time of year to discover this!! we will put the garden hose in there at a slow trickle for now to keep the water up a bit. Then we will have to do something in the spring. The way I am feeling these days, it's tempting to think about jjust filling it in :(

Been snowing and blowing since 2pm ...even getting lightning!
The squalls came ashore and intensified by 5pm....not sure how much snow since it is blowing around with white out conditions...winds were expected to peak at 40 mph....and I think it hit that speed, and more!!
23F...windchill 7F... at 6:45 pm ...dropping to 14 overnight..windchill -8...snow squalls expected to continue all evening and into tonight....

Winds shifted and now the south side of the lake is getting hammered!
Around 8pm the snows stopped as the squalls moved to the other side of the lake with a more westerly winds....
Winds are still strong here and will be an issue tomorrow...

this morning is brutal. the winds are howling and the windchill is about 4 degrees. the sunny blue skies are deceiving. a big snow event will happen starting sat into sunday. we might end up with alot or a little depending when it changes to rain. meanwhile with the windchill today its about 20 below zero. keep warm ron

7F with clear sunny skies... windchill is -13!
Winds out of the west at 18 mph...
High today...maybe 18 with a windchill of -2.....
Calling for isolated flurries all day....winds picking up to 33 mph this afternoon...
Looking to the south out over the lake the sky is black with clouds....they are getting hammered on the south side of the lake!

Colorado Low expected to arrive late Friday hard to say how much snow we will be getting....but will be over by Sunday.
6 inches possible...

Frigid 12F with a 0F windchill!!
Mostly sunny and fairly calm out there....the calm before the Colorado Low arrives this evening....
Might get up to 25 this afternoon with isolated flurries.. with light winds out of the west.
Winds shifting out of the south this evening as the first wave of the system arrives...
Temps will go up as the system nears...25 for the low and 32 by morning....could get up to 43 by afternoon with a mixed bag!

Started snowing around midnight....
Got 7-8 inches on top of the 3 inches yesterday afternoon when a vigorous snowsquall came ashore!
Now we are digging out....have freezing rain on the way, then rain, then back to freezing rain...but may just stay as rain since the temp is now 36...going up to 43 this afternoon.
32F for tonight and 30 for tomorrow....

boy where the past two days nasty. zero in the morning and highs of only 11. last night it started to snow. woke up to 8 inches of snow this morning. it started to change to sleet then stopped thankfully. more is coming lateron. hopefully the temps will go up a bit now and it will all be rain thru tomorrow afternoon. Julie had some ruff weather yesterday too. bad winds, 100MPH and zero temps. thankfully its calm up by her now.

randy and marcia are heading off to california for the xmas holidays. I wished them a safe trip.

23F after a messy day yesterday.
Got up to 44 so we got rain which made cleaning up more difficult as the snow started melting.
Rained most of the afternoon, and heavy rain turned into freezing rain for a few hours most of the evening....no trees down and didn't lose power.
Everything froze up overnight...and doesn't look too bad.... the parking area looks like a skating rink...and the cars are iced over...
Might see some sun this afternoon with a high of 25....
Looks like it will be a warm week ahead of us... with above seasonal temps....next weekend doesn't look too promising.... gotta wait and see.

35 and raining today. the roads are melting. very foggy so was dicey this morning driving. hope to see the sun after the last two days of gloom.
have a good week everyone.

Cold last night when the cold front passed through.....
10F BRRRR! with partly sunny skies....Very light winds out of the NW....
Not much melting will happen until tomorrow when the temp goes up into the high 30's....
Just have to get through one more frigid day and night..
Going up to just 23 then down to 18 tonight.....

So far it looks like Christmas Eve will be in the low 40's with rain....

27F with sunny skies ..for the most part...
High today 36F....only problem is a fast moving system is going through northern Ontario with a front which extends south which will be passing through here bringing strong winds. Which means we will be getting 30 mph + winds....at least it will be sunny and above freezing.
Low tonight 30F with diminishing winds overnight.
Looks like rain for the weekend...so far.

gosh its been cold here too Ron. zero the past two mornings and only warming up to about 25. supposed to be 40's then for the rest of the week as highs. the weekend looks to be clear and about 35 but monday looks like an ice storm. so glad Im off that day.

21 this morning so a little warmer today. no wind either. xmas count down for many people. I imagine that randy and MF are on there way to calif.
looks like some icing now on sat morning. they snuck that in this morning. not fair.

I see the wackos are back Ron.

It is warming up here! It is even sunnier too...
30F and partly sunny....heading up to 36.
At least today won't be brutally windy like it was yesterday....had winds in the 40+ mph range with gust around 50 later on in the day....
Snow moving in this evening...should get around an inch as the temp drops to 32....

Yes the whackables are always back....need to do some cleaning here this morning...as usual!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back