What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Our provincial government added more closures of non-essential businesses---all hardware stores are now closed--Home Depot, Lowes, Rona and more! All construction has been stopped province wide! The CV-19 virus is adapting...please check on the latest CV-19 as the info on the virus is updating daily as new data is made available!

Heavy frost last night as the temp dropped to 30!
37 with sunny skies...light winds out of the south...windchill 36.
52 this afternoon mostly sunny with light winds shifting out of the SW.
45 this evening...cloudy with clear breaks...windchill 41.
39 overnight ....light winds shift out of the north...windchill 34.
39 by morning

Reactions: PRH
Been really nice and sunny for the last 5 days here - ( cool start in the mornings but warms up real quick into the upper 60's - lower 70's ) Not a cloud in the sky to be seen either!! I took advantage of the nice weather over the weekend by doing little work for a guy that was my neighbor before I moved to Florida for a year. Trimmed some bushes around his swimming pool and painted a fence he has too. ( very nice guy ) He cannot do a lot anymore, so it was nice to help him out there! These nice days we have been having are doing to a close overnight, as rain is expected to start moving in and saly,will be here all the way till Easter Sunday ( on/off ) warm though but, wet I guess!! 🙃
( I was able to help out my ex-neighbor with my thumb being bit it the way of things . I have a brace and it actually helped me out doing stuff there and afterwards ,I was just fine. ( So,it's coming round not as fast as I would like but.... ):D
Anette is doing pretty well ( she has her times still over the loss of her girlfriend but... seems to be dealing with it better then she was )
We have things closed more around here until May 1st ( so far ) - Places are actually hiring though to fill the gap of some people off work -- ( Go figure that 1 out ) :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:
I was out yesterday getting a few things we need and saw gas prices at 85 cents per gal.,so I filled up my car under $10.00 and came home and done the same with Anette's car. ( been along time since I saw gasoline at that price ):). -- just ashamed as there really is no place to go currently --
Anywho,just thought I'd pop in as we start a new week -- Everyone stay safe out there, glad about your sister and nuns there not showing any symptoms,Ron!!;) Take care, folks ,Anette and I will do the same!!!!!

45 this morning, but with nice sunshine we got to 65. Spent most of the day on my deck. That's good news Ron that your sister is good so far along with the othe rs

Going to be another beautiful day, 65. Our Lowe's and home depot are still open, can't imagine what they will do for people wanting Easter plants. Lines of people with distance will be a problem. Peoplehavebeen buying mulch early. Think I'll stay away. Cases are climbing in my area,as people get tested, 184 now. Everyone be safe

Down here in Florida, we basically missed winter. The last few weeks have been record breaking highs in the mid to high 90's. Drought like conditions have plagued many portions of the state. We finally had a nice all day soft rain on Sunday.

So far my sister, and the other nuns are doing well No symptoms!

Had thunderstorms and rain rumble through last evening....not much rain fell!

43 overcast with light winds out of the NW....windchill 41.
55 this afternoon,,,sunny with cloudy periods...winds shift out of the SW 11 mph. windchill 52.
48 this evening....light winds shift out of the west..7 mph.....windchill 45.
41 overnight with rain....light winds shift out of the north...windchill 37.

Gorgeous day here in Seattle. If this was a normal spring, I'd very likely be up in Mount Vernon photographing the tulip fields, along with hundreds of other photographers. But this year the festival is cancelled, the display gardens of RoozenGaarde and Tulip Town are closed, and they've asked people to please stay home and stay away.

Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 40. North northeast wind 3 to 8 mph.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 67. North northeast wind 3 to 8 mph.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.

My sister and the other nuns are out of quarantine! She, and the other nuns are so glad, and relieved!!

Had some snow earlier this morning...didn't last long, and is all gone now!
41 with hazy sunshine....winds out of the west 10 mph...windchill 34.
48 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies..isolated showers possible... winds 17 mph...windchill 41.
39 this evening...winds continue out of the west ....isolated showers...windchill 30.
34 overnight with isolated flurries...winds 20 mph....windchill 21.
34 by morning with mix of sun and clouds ...winds shift out of the NW 22 mph...windchill 21.

Reactions: PRH
It has been hot in South Carolina so far this week. Temps in the 90's yesterday and today but a nice breeze is going on.

Had rain all evening, heavy at times. Late evening it changed over to snow with lightning and rumbling....cleared up by 11:30 with the full moon!

Sitting at 37 this morning....cloudy conditions...winds out of the NW at 20+ mph...windchill 28.
41 for this afternoon with windy conditions...21+ mph....
Dropping to 30 overnight... with clearing skies...winds shift out of the west and gradually ease off...windchill 19.

Today
Increasing clouds, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 59. Calm wind becoming north northwest 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.

32 with sunny skies....light winds out of the west...windchill 25.
45 this afternoon with mostly sun....winds kick up and shift out of the SW 14 mph...windchill 37.
41 this evening....some clouds...winds shift out of the south 10 mph...windchill 36.
37 overnight....11 mph winds...windchill 30.
43 by morning....

Today
Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming north northwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Clear, with a low around 36. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 36. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.

Been raining since last evening! More on the way! Gale force winds expected at some point lat morning/early afternoon! Could see 60+ to 70+ mph gusts! Lake shore flooding is a strong probability...expecting a 5ft surge for the eastern end of Lake Erie with the winds coming in from the SW!!

61 with rain! Dropping to 32 this evening and overnight as a cold front passes through! The winds will be the major issue!!

Cold and rain.snow mix this afternoon and over night with lows in the lower 30's and highs in the mid 40's. ( no snow will stick ,thankfully - but just the thought of snow there .... ) Glad to read about your sister and the other nuns ,Ron!! :)
Things are going along pretty well otherwise here too - Anette keeps me busy with a few things since we are all shut in yet!! ( I do work yet though but only for emergency cases currently ,so know wonder Anette finds things for me to do currently! ) :cool: - I don't mind though at all -
We did have a lot of high winds yesterday ( strong winds ,at that ) and the high did not get past 40.
Enjoy your week and continue to stay safe -- we are 1 day closer to this being COVID-19 behind us ,so hang in there folks!😷!!

We didn't get the gale force winds like they promised....but those living along the lakeshore sure got hammered...lot of flooding and shoreline erosion!

Sitting at 39 with hazy sunny skies...winds out of the SW at 10 mph...windchill 34...
Doubt it'll reach 41.....dropping to 28 tonight!!

Snow blew through a few mins ago! Didn't last long and melted on contact! Expecting more passing flurries off and on all day....
32 with moments of sun...winds out of the west 10 mph with higher gusts...windchill 25.
39 this afternoon with snow or rain....winds shift out of the SW 14 mph...windchill 30.
37 this evening with wet flurries...winds shift out of the west 9 mph...windchill 30.
27 overnight...mainly clear...winds shift out of the NW 7 mph...windchill 19.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back