What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy 4th of July!
Looks like we are in for a very long term heatwave! Next week will be worse with higher temps and humidex readings!

Already 79....sunny skies .light winds out of the north...humidex 84.
86+ this afternoon .....mix of sun and clouds.....light winds...humiex 93+
81 this evening...light winds shift out of the NE,,,humidex 91.
66 overnight....light winds shift out of the NW....humidex 68.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're into one of the longest heatwave in a very long time!! Could become an all time record breaker!
This is the 7th day and is not expected to end anytime soon.
Temps in the low 90's with humidex readings in the low 100's!
We are also having drought conditions which started 2 weeks ago....no significant rainfall recorded.

Today's high 90+ with a humidex of 104! 40% chance of thunderstorms later on today and this evening.....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After 8 days of HHH it is now over, at least until later on next week! The temps will be lower but the humidity will continue to be high.
Yesterday hit 95 with a humidex of 104....had a series of thunderstorms roll through last evening...with lots of intense cloud to cloud lightning and torrential downpours....more for the next couple of days.

High for today 75 with a humidex of 90!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The temps and humidity is beginning to increase....still on the cool side today, but that comes to an end today.
70 this morning and partly sunny...humidex 75...light winds out of the west...
79 this afternoon....mainly sunny...light winds shift out of the SW...humidex 90.
Tomorrow and Thursday temps in the mid 80's ..humididex readings in the mid to upper 90's
Temps expected by Friday in the mid to upper 80s with humidex in the low 100's

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
HHH conditions are back with the added threat of possible severe thunderstorms....

79 with cloudy skies....light winds out of the south...humidex 90.
79+ this afternoon ...with thunderstorms...could be severe...light winds shift out of the east...humidex 95+
73 this evening with thunderstorms...humidex 86.
70 overnight with thunderstorms...light winds out of the SW...humidex 77.

PRH

Hi all -

We still are very hot - hazy - humid here with highs in the upper 90's and really not much rain around to write home about either! Thanks Ron,Anette is very fortunate to have located a job so quickly like she did,I think but her background spoke volumes with her getting hired like that!:) ( she was beside herself when she moved to the US cause well...... she had a lot cut out for her to adjust too,I guess ---- she still is learning things and I guess I am too as well --- it's fun sometimes but always a:) or so.... ). They are telling us that we can expect some rain next week and cooler temps too ----------- ( that will be a nice little change in and of itself there ) The last couple of weeks sure felt like I was in Florida though weather wise !! ( looks like ya have some HHH days to deal with too,Ron ------- what a deal man... sorry too have read that ,but at least we are not alone in that boat of heat )
Been working and still on my so called diet ( getting alittle tired of that but,I have a month to go on that yet and I have lost and with working like I do, that seems to make it all count in the loss column there ) Anette is all for me and supports me in the diet I decided to do alot ( that helps to have a cheerleader there...... )😎🙃😎🙂
As for my thumb - it's still hooked to my hand yet!! :D Seriously now, it is doing better ( it has it's moments and sadly, it may for awhile ) But I was able the other day to actually hold a drumstick with my entire hand and play alittle bit too with it!😃😃 ( I was thrilled over that, needless to say there ... ) :D:D:D:) So it is getting stronger again -- just not as fast but,at least its coming along!! * I still brace it for work of course - safety measures *😎
Hope all finds everyone well and your weekend continues to bring ya smiles from ear to ear plus the week ahead looks to be promising for everyone too! ;)😎👍
Keep cool everyone and stay safe best ya can in this wild year we have going on,I'll do that too!!
Phil....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil!
This year really has been a wild ride and it isn't over with yet! Stay safe and stay well!

81 with a humidex of 100 and it feels it!! Heading up to 88+ with a humidex of 106+! Blah! We're getting a nice wind out of the SW coming in off the lake the last couple of days, so I've been spending a lot of time out on the balcony to catch the winds!!
Thunderstorms possible his afternoon, evening and overnight as a cool front moves through....temp should drop some as well as the humidex readings....

Reactions: PRH

woodstock

Hi all. Been a long time since I've visited. Crazy times with this virus, finding cleaning products, meat sometimes, prices inflated, always remembering to wear a mask, now hard to find kitty litter and dry cat food. Now the constant heat wave that won't give up. Hope everyone is doing well and is safe and healthy, and staying cool

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi stranger!! So glad you dropped in! Nice to see you are safe and doing well! The world we knew is no longer, now we are all forging ahead into a new world! There are a lot of signs showing the we are making changes for the better! Lot's pray it continues!
I'm as well as I can be, and trying to remain safe and healthy!
Stay well Woodie and stay safe!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haven't been here much due to health issues...nothing too serious ...just very tiring and frustrating! Being treated for asthma! I'm on puffers to help control it...I need to take antihistamines to control my reaction to the ingredients in the puffers.....Oh well!

Been and odd week with cooler temps, but high humidity....makes for yucky, icking conditions!! The clouds finally moved out!

81 with sunny skies...light winds out of the south...humidex 88.
84 this afternoon with light winds shift out of the SW....humidex 95.
81 this evening...humidex 93.
68 overnight....humidex 72.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The heat and humidity is building! Gonna be the worse heatwave yet this year! Blah! Yesterday was yuck but today and tomorrow it will peak!

79 with a nice 10 mph wind out of the SW, coming in off the lake...mostly sunny...humidex 95.
86+ this afternoon...winds 16 mph...mostly sunny...humidex 102+.
82 this evening....winds ease off a bit...sunny....humidex 99.
75 overnight...winds 14 mph continue out of the SW....humidex 86.
77 by morning...winds kick up 19 mph.....humidex 93

High 86...winds kicking up to 22 mph....potential for severe thunderstorm development.....humidex 106+

High Tuesday only 79...after the front goes through...winds continue out of the SW 14 mph....humidex 90...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard to believe it's August 2....where did the time go?
July was been recorded as the hottest July ever...broke all the records with only 2 days recorded as seasonal!

Started to rain last night and expecting rain and thunderstorms for the next 2 days
75 with isolated showers and possible thunderstorms, our high for today 75 with a humidex of 90....
Low tonight 64....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool last night! Great for sleeping! Had another minor system rain through yesterday!! Now the temps are below seasonal for a change.
64 with sunny skies...light winds out of the west.
73 for the high...mostly sunny skies...light winds continue out of the west...humidex 77.
68 this evening with mostly sunny skies...winds ease off...humidex 70.
59 overnight with cloudy periods...light winds shift out of the north...
Then we begin to warm up again with increasing humidity....another heatwave with 95 to 100 humidex readings return Sunday into next week!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Humidity is building with the this new heatwave!
Highs in the low 80's with humidex readings in the mid 90's to low 100's.
This heatwave is expected to last 2 weeks!
Could see severe thunderstorm activity off and on...
Lake Erie water temps is hovering around 80F which is way above normal and will help fuel thunderstorm development, as well as adding to the high humidex readings!

PRH

Been awhile since I was here ,by looks of things! ( I have been busy both at work and at home ) Anette ended up at her doctor who sent her to the hospital to have her appendix removed. She is home now ,but resting on/off and getting ready to go back to her job this Wednesday ( tomorrow ) . ( I start Theropary for my thumb for 5 weeks stating tomorrow as things sorta turned little with my thumb acting up on me. I still will see a chiropractor as well ( so maybe between the both of them working on my thumb ,things will become better there ) The weather here has been very hot, dry,humid and just plain not nice outdoors for sometime . Today though ,we have some sun once again but,abit cooler then it's been ( upper 80's currently ) with lows overnight around 60 or so..... September is here now and it should start to cool down some! July 18th ,longtime since I was here --- wow Hi back, Ron! 🖐 and Hi to woodie as well!🖐 ( deep apologies for being away so long ) I'm hanging in there though, just a busy bee especially at work ( as I am working now with a new guy that was hired and sorta like showing him the ropes of a few things this week ) * Before he was hired though,I was the only maintenance guy working and was on call as well -- so,I hope this new guy works out so I can at least rest alittle soon * Just wanted to pop in and say Hello ,as I am on alittle lunch break at work currently! Hope everyone is doing well and I'll do my best at jumping in here to let everyone know at least I'm alive and haven't fell off the globe!:D Have a wonderful week, folks and I will do that too.....!!!
Later.....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil!
Sorry to hear about Anette. Glad the operation went well and she is recovering! Glad you are working on that thumb!
Well, haven't been on much.
This asthma problem has really knocked me out this year...I'm on 2 puffers to help try to control it! With the extreme weather we've had with the high humidex readings really makes it difficult to do anything! It really had to putting your life on hold....just like the corid-19....!
Anyway...life goes on and I'm making the best of it!
Hard to believe it's September!!
Where does the time go!!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our run of 100+ days is over for a little while and we are getting some rain. But it only rains while I am shopping.
76 degrees wind ENE 8mph humidity 91%

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been awhile since I last posted....
We're having a bit of a cool down after muggy conditions....70 yesterday and a repeat today...night time temps in the low 50's.
Tomorrow's high 72...low 66....Monday 75 with increasing humidity and thunderstorms possible....Warming up further for the rest of the week with humidex readings in the mid to high 80...to mid to high 90's.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is finally raining! Haven't seen much over the last couple of weeks!
Started to come down hard before sunrise this morning and it is still raining! Heavy at times...
This system came in in from the SW....we are in the heavy rain area of the system! Should continue all day with clearing at some point this evening! Heading up to 72 with a humidex of 79.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had 3 days of hazy skies from the fires along the west coast...and it looks like it will continue. The air quality is getting worse!
Last night I could only see a few of the stars, and Jupiter which was very dim!
This morning the haze has a pink/brown tint to it!
After a few days of below normal temps we will have a one day warm up!
Going up to 72 this afternoon with a humidex of 75 under hazy skies!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com