What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
This Afternoon
A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. West southwest wind around 14 mph.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 41. West wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 67. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
Thursday Night
Clear, with a low around 45. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wet snow/snow expected for tomorrow and Saturday...Low Fri night 28...Saturday night 30! :( Not expecting much...maybe 1 to 2 inches total over a 48 hour period.

50 with hazy sunshine and some clouds... winds out of the SW 9 mph...windchill 45.
54 for the high....isolated showers and periods of sun...windchill 28...winds 19 mph.
45 this evening....winds shift out of the NW 11 mph...windchill 39.
34 overnight with possible frost...winds shift out the west 10 mph...windchill 25
34 by morning....wet flurries...winds shift out of the NW 9 mph...windchill 25.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
37 with overcast skies....light wet flurries... light winds out of the north.
41 this afternoon with wet flurries...11 mph winds shift out of the west....windchill 36.
36 this evening with wet flurries....winds shift out of the NW 13 mph...windchill 27.
27 overnight...clearing skies...winds shift out of the west 13 mph...windchill 16. :(
32 by morning...wet flurries....winds shift out of the west 16 mph...windchill 21. :(

woodstock

Raining now and will turn to snow later tonight, only talking 3 inches, bUT bitter cold and windy tomorrow maybe high of 40, but it won't feel like 40

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got around a half inch of snow yesterday...Light snowfall for 6 hours....then it stopped and cleared up...the snow didn't last long on the ground! :) Brought in my sub tropical cacti last night as the temp dropped!

32 with light flurries,,,winds out of the west 13 mph...windchill 23.
43 this afternoon with wet flurries....winds 20 mph..windchill 34.
41 this evening....winds 13 mph....windchill 34.
34 overnight ,,,possible frost warning again...winds 10 mph....windchill 25.
39 by morning...winds shift out of the SW 11 mph...isolated showers...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
No frost damage in the gardens after a 28F freeze up....more frost warnings for Mon and Tues nite!
Had a few flurries yesterday with one that was noteworthy...it was a 20 minute blizzard creating white-out conditions!! Snow that fell melted quickly!

45 with moments of sun this morning... 10 mph winds out of the west...windchill 43.
52 this afternoon...with light rain...winds shift out of the SW 16 mph....windchill 46.
46 this evening...light rain.....winds shift out of the SE 7 mph...windchill 43.
37 overnight....rain...winds shift out of the north 10 mph...windchill 28.
37 by morning...light rain...winds 14 mph...windchill 28.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rain for today!
Frost advisory issued again for tonight...dropping to 30....
36 this morning with showers...winds out of the North 12 mph
High 45 with rain/showers....winds shift out of the NW 11 mph.
It is a Blah kind of day!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frost advisory again tonight!
No visible damage last night!
I haven't planted any tender plants....yet!
Should start warming up by Thursday!!

39 with mix of sun and clouds...winds out of the west 11mph.
46 this afternoon...variable cloudiness...winds 17 mph...windchill 39
43 this evening....winds shift out of the NW 11 mph..windchill 36.
28 again tonight...winds 5 mph...windchill 23... :(

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another advisory for tonight...may or may not happen.

41 with clear blue skies...very light winds out of the NW.
50 this afternoon...clear sunny skies....light winds shift out of the south...windchill 48.
45 this evening...very light winds...windchill 41.
39 overnight...could drop to around 32...light winds shift out of the east...windchill 34.

45 by morning with light showers...
Could get up into the high 60's, or low 70's by the weekend with mostly rain!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
A system is slowly moving in from the SW. Out of the next 5 days we will have on one day (Saturday) with no rain! Could have the occasional thunderstorm mixed in over the next few days...especially over night tonight as the temp goes up!
Rainfall totals expected 3 to 4 inches from today until Tuesday..,depending on how slow the system moves..it could be more!!

55 overcast with light winds out of the south...
61 with light rain...light 7 mph winds out of the south...
54 this evening...with light rain...8 mph winds...
55 overnight with scattered thunderstorms...winds shift out of the SW 13+ mph...
55 by morning with rain....winds 15+ mph
Could hit 70 for the high tomorrow with rain....winds 25+ mph

PRH

Hi folks -
Been a few days since I was here - we had some snow days, some rainy days and some very nice days ( guess I'm not alone by having some snow days ) Yesterday was a very nice day ( lower 70's ) so,I played in some yards mowing ( good thing to as today is a rainy day ( 80% chance ) and tomorrow will be that way too ( 90% chance they tell us ) warm though. * flowers are really coming alive now, most everything is outside for that matter... ) *:) just like Springtime and seeing things come to life again:) Anette is doing well, she is back to work ( part time for awhile ) - she told me the other day that when the airports open again ,she wants to go to Denmark for alittle while and visit with her late girlfriend's mom and brother ( some other people on her list too ,I guess ) * told her that might awhile yet, but can understand her why's there *
Otherwise,things are going along ok ( just nice to see somethings opening up again ) -- baby steps as we don't need another wave of this deal AT ALL !!! ( I heard we may come Fall though just not as bad I hope ) :oops: * think we need to unistall this year and install it again cause so far 2020 sure don't seem to be working as it should have *:rolleyes::)
The temp.today is in the high 50's and will be in the upper 60's tomorrow. I have a few garbage disposals to install tomorrow at work then my day should be done after I get those put in. ( Anette will have something for me ,I'm sure to do there ) -- I best keep quiet there as she just might come up with something for me there -- 🤫
Just wanted to pop in and say Hello plus add a few things! Stay Safe everyone and I will follow that advice too...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil!
We are into warmer weather with more rain on the way...possible thunderstorms possible today.
Tomorrow we get a break from the rain....then back into rain Sun to Tuesday!
Not getting any gardening done yet with all the rain and soggy soil!

64 and getting windy, clouds cleared out but will return in another hour or so...winds shifting out of the SW 12 mph.
66 this afternoon with scattered thunderstorms...winds 16+ mph.
59 this evening with rain....winds shift out of the NE 7 mph...
46 overnight with foggy conditions...winds shift out of the north 6 mph...50 by morning with mix of sun and clouds.

Reactions: PRH

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Real life gardening tags:

1589597199184.png

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight
A 20 percent chance of rain after 11pm. Increasing clouds, with a low around 52. West northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Saturday
Rain, mainly after 11am. High near 67. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
Rain. Low around 53. Light and variable wind becoming east northeast around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Sunday
Rain, mainly after 11am. Patchy fog between 8am and 9am. High near 66. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like today will be a dry day! Tomorrow another system moves in!
Due to the effect Lake Erie has on systems at this time of the year....it killed thunderstorm development and even the rain was minimal as the system was kept south of the lake yesterday.

50 with foggy overcast skies...faint winds out of the NE....should clear up...
64 with mostly sunny skies...could get up to 70+...very light winds.
59 mostly sunny skies....light winds continue out of the NE
50 overnight...winds 11 mph....
54 by morning..mix of sun and clouds...winds 14 mph continue out of the NE.....rain moving in....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next system moving in today....a rather potent one! Expecting anywhere from 3 to 4"s of rain, and possible thunderstorms....Rains begin this afternoon....Rainfall Warning was Issued!!

59 with sunny skies...light to moderate winds out of the east....
61+ this afternoon with rain, heavy at times....winds 14 mph with higher gusts....could get up into the low 70's...
55 this evening with rain...winds continue out of the east..16+ mph...
54 overnight with rain....winds 16+ mph
54 by morning with rain....winds 17+ mph

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Since most of the regulars read this topic, thought I'd post this here.

Check out the new "Featured" tab at the top of the page. You'll find a listing of our most popular discussions for quick reference.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com