What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

woodstock

We had haze from those fires all the way over here in ny, and think even laif had some in maine too. Fall is in full color now, so pretty. Chilly mornings and warm days. Hope all is good with you ron. My laptop is on the fritz so I'm using a tablet right now and what and in using these little keys

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Woodie!
I haven't been posting like I used to! We are in the middle of October, and it has been a bit warmer than usual...highs in the low to mid 50's to low 60's....night time lows mid 30's to mid 50's and this trend looks like it will continue for a while!!
Health issues have been keeping me down....haven't had the energy to go play in the gardens very often!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks like fall will be here soon. I envy you getting the fall colors. We don't get the color here in the fall and I miss it. We had a pretty hot and dry summer. We have had cool and then hot this month today it is raining and 63 here today.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Lyn!
We are in the throws of Fall! Been cooler then normal and the colors on the trees is at, or past it's peak! Been getting a lot of rain this month and a few light frosts, and might see wet snow on Friday! Then we start to warm up again with slightly above normal temps.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like we will experience a bit of winter starting today....26 with light rain, winds out of the north, only going up to 39.
Been raining off and on all week and now the temps will finally drop to well below freezing tonight!
Dropping to 27 overnight with a 25 by morning, could see some snow flurries this afternoon, evening and overnight due to lake effect snow squalls...

woodstock

We had some snow yesterday, it only stuck on the lawns and cars thankfully. This morning is 26 and frost on the cars. A sign of what's next.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dropped to 23 earlier this morning and a lot of plants are pretty much done now!
My balcony plants look really sad... I'll be cutting everything down today, and bagging up to clippings for composting!
My region takes yard waste for their community composting program, I use the large paper composting bags.
So sad to see the growing season come to an end!

woodstock

plants on my desk are also shot. We had a warm up today 67. Looks like we will have at least a week of mid 60s coming up, so guess this is our Indian summer.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Above season temps continue.
Looks like it will last into at least next Weds!!
Not complaining, but we all know it can't last!
Even still the weather pattern may continue on into mid month!!

Daytime highs in the low to upper 60's and the lows in the low to mid 50's! This is crazy for November!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are still enjoying this long November heatwave!
It's 64 right now with mostly sunny skies, and not much of a breeze out of the south.
Yesterday it got up to 70 with just light winds out of the SW!
Today it should get up to 70+ with daytime heating!!
Thunderstorms possible late evening and overnight
A cold front will pass through bringing rain for tomorrow and cooler temps.
It looks like a weak front and temps will hover around 60 tomorrow.... with a drop to 46 on Thursday....

woodstock

We had a nice long Indian summer with 70s for almost a week before the curtain fell and back to rainy cold weather.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a very intense Low Pressure system move in yesterday! The winds were horrific out of the SW off the lake! 37 mph sustained winds with 50 to 60+ gusts! Even hit a few 70+ mph peak gusts by mid afternoon! Also had a few thunderstorms with intense downpours around the same time! The winds knocked over my neighbors Trellis type Fence...it was 8ft tall and a good 25 ft long.....Trees around the area fell....haven't look out back at the forest behind the property ...yet!
Anyway we survived....the winds are a calming down but still breezy!! 39 and cloudy this morning.... might hit 41 with some sunny breaks!

Waltonny

Hi. We have cold weather, especially in winter. In this year I decided to insulate our house for energy efficiency and cost savings. Nowadays it is popular solution and there are a lot of special materials to choose from. I'm researching https://insulationwholesale.co.uk/ site, firstly I will work with walls and ceiling.

woodstock

Looks like a major snow is heading our way! Sunday some snow, Monday night into Tues a big storm so the weatherman says! Guess I'm housebound for a few days. Will cook and bake cakes to entertain myself!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like it will snow all day here. 14F with a windchill of 0. Not expecting much ...maybe 2 inches total.
Looks like a bigger system for Mon and Tues.....then again on Thursday.
Getting all the winter weather now!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com