What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have snow that sticks about every 3 or 4 years and then it don't last very long, couple of days and it's gone. The most I ever saw here was around 16 inches. I'm in South Carolina. We have long very hot summers and mild winters. I wouldn't mind a little snow instead of this rain we have right now. High temp today was 48 degrees.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going to be hit bad tomorrow! This will be our first major snow storm of the season ( for my area )....looks like 8 inches is possible. It will come in 2 waves with the worse late evening with heavy snowfall and strong gusty winds. We expect 30+ mph winds out of the north which should cause some serious drifting and white outs! ....now it is just wait and see what really happens!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We got 6 to maybe 8 inches last evening and overnight. Getting a light snowfall this morning. Expecting no more then another inch by later on this afternoon before it comes to an end! This is the most snow we got this winter! 21 with a windchill 7.
It is going to be cold tonight with a low of 5 with a windchill -8! This is also the coldest this winter!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have had a week of below 32 degree weather. We had a night where it got down to 7 degrees. We have had freezing rain, snow and more freezing rain. Hard to say what tonight will bring. We have had power for all but 4 hours.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Lyn! You guys are having it rough! Hang in there, things will warm up again for you!
After a cold, but sunny day yesterday, we are back into more snow as another system moves in.
I is so hard to predict how much snow we will get because the weather has been so weird.....weather patterns we've never experienced before are happening!

woodstock

We are once again having another snow event! February has been very active. At least it is light and fluffy and hopefully we don't get sleet! Hope everyone stays safe!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Lyn! Hi Woodie!
Pretty much the same here. We have light fluffy snow for today. Could see another 2-3"s on top of what we already got over the last week. There is more to come next week! At least the polar vortex is weakening, and the temps are beginning to rise. Looks like we will be be moving into the low to mid 30's starting on Monday.

Cooky

Hi Lyn! Hi Woodie!
Pretty much the same here. We have light fluffy snow for today. Could see another 2-3"s on top of what we already got over the last week. There is more to come next week! At least the polar vortex is weakening, and the temps are beginning to rise. Looks like we will be be moving into the low to mid 30's starting on Monday.

Cooky

yesterday and today the temperatures hit 50s snow running away!!!!! some grass even showing.
no temps lower than 40 this week. could we have turned the corner to spring????

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We no longer have snow in the forecast! But, we will be getting rain.
The temps are going up above seasonal, and I'm loving it!
High 37 with sunny clear skies!
Love this thaw, as it is slow, so we do not get any flooding!
We are losing an inch, or so each day, so we should be snow free in a few more days!

woodstock

We had a cold week here in upstate NY. Horrible winds a!l week and a dusting of snow! Winter last gasp I hope. Happy spring, hopefully the weather gets better now!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Woodie! Happy Spring!!
We missed the a few storms as they stayed to the south of us!
Happy us! But it stayed cold with dustings of snow....
Glad winter is pretty much over with us!
We begin a warm up today and will run right through next week!
Highs in the mid to high 50's and even into the 60's with lows in the higher 30's and in to the low to mid 40's!
No active weather in the forecast until maybe Thursday with showers!

woodstock

Keep going to the wrong garden forum, but know I got the right one when I see Ron. Tell Bob to ignore my email contacting him

We finally had a wonderful week of almost 70s, today we saw 78, for our high, that's amazing, for march. Fired up the barbie too. First bbq of the year, woohoo.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Woodie!
We had a wonderful week here too! We even hit 70 a few times....but being March we know it wouldn't last.
Had a few very intense thunderstorm rumble through last night, with some heavy downpours...now we are having a windstorm as the low pressure system moves out heading NE!
Wind speeds 50 to 60 mph possible with more heavy downpours!

Diana77

The weather in Central New Jersey is schizophrenic. We've just had a wonderful taste of late Spring / early Summer now we're about to get 2 to 3 days of Winter again. I can't wait for some sustained warmth. Not heat, yet. Just warmth.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com