What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, we've cooled down nicely...had to throw an extra blank on the bed last night.....it was a chilly 63...
High today 75 with a humidex of 81....

fishycomics

Well, last night we got flooded with rain the whole backyard was a pool, this AM, DRY, not a trace of water. like it never rained. nice and COMFTY now

ashapOman

Had an fast moving Alberta Clipper pass through last evening...go around 3 inches of snow....but it won't stick around long with the temps going upwards!

woodstock

I haven't been here like forever it seems. Just wanted to say happy Thanksgiving to Ron and all Canadians. This weekend is their Thanksgiving celebration.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Woodie!
Yes, it has been a long time since you dropped in!
Miss you!
Nice temperature for October..... :)
We are lucky to get above 55....lows in the mid to low 30's with occasional patchy frost...

8 degrees at night, up to 14 degrees in the day and a mix of cloud, rain and sun. Typical Autumn conditions for Manchester UK but also good weather for overseeding my lawn

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strange October! We are getting weather normal to November with gale force winds and heavy downpours and colder then the seasonal norms.....
Wondering what we will be getting in November....probably warmer than October... Let's hope!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After 3 mornings with light to moderate frost, we will start warming up again.
The next 10 days: it is expected to go up into the low 60's....then a week or 2 of in the mid to high 50's until mid November, so far, with lows in the mid to high 40's at night....talk is that the warmer then seasonal temps will continue ......

woodstock

After 3 mornings with light to moderate frost, we will start warming up again.
The next 10 days: it is expected to go up into the low 60's....then a week or 2 of in the mid to high 50's until mid November, so far, with lows in the mid to high 40's at night....talk is that the warmer then seasonal temps will continue ......
Wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas. And a happy new year! Having a bit of bad weather but looks like most people are in the midst of snow, wind, and low low temps! Keep warm and stay safe. Hope all is well with you Ron.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Merry Christmas Woodie and all members of GardenForums.
It has been a rough couple of days with snow, blowing, snow and blizzard conditions with gale force winds.
Looks like we are getting a bit of a break for now, but expecting more snow and winds to come in off the lake....
Things should ease off and finally end by tomorrow....

Stay warm, safe and well!

fishycomics

Merry christmas too.

Yes just cold and now warming up to the 50's near 60 for New years, was in the teens. gonna look in on the outdoor raised bed I puta cover too. I bet I got some lettuce but radishes forghetaboutit

woodstock

I keep forgetting to pop over here. We had a pretty mild winter in upstate NY. No snow Jan or feb. In fact one Feb day we had 65. Then march came and snow snow snow every week. Crazy!!! Hopefully spring is on its way like it should be.
Covid is on the decline finally. But my friend Randy and his wife just picked it up somewhere. Thankfully they don't have a bad case if it.
Hope all is well Ron. I must remember to pop up here once in a while. I sure remember the good old days, and still have so many contacts still! Some 20 years now. It amazes me!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com