Wildflowers for an Easter quarantine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

P

Pam/Digging

April 12, 2020
46_White_prickly_poppy-1.jpg

This Easter Sunday, we can’t join family and friends around the table or at church. We’re worried about big stuff like losing jobs and getting sick, as well as smaller stuff like finding flour and toilet paper at the grocery store. We’re missing springtime rituals like buying plants at the nursery or going for a drive in the country to see wildflowers.

25_Kid_goat-1.jpg

I don’t have any wisdom to offer, only solidarity and this, a glimpse of spring loveliness from past years’ wildflower drives. I hope it’ll brighten your day!

15_Drummond_phlox_track-1-1.jpg

Country roads, take me home.

15_TX_vervain_Indian_paintbrush_TX_dandelion-1.jpg

“Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” –Lady Bird Johnson

27_Huisache_Bluebonnets.jpg

Texas forever

01_Bluebonnet_road-1.jpg

Happy spring, y’all.

I welcome your comments; please scroll to the end of this post to leave one. If you’re reading this in a subscription email, click here to visit Digging and find the comment box at the end of each post.

Digging Deeper: News and Upcoming Events

Join the mailing list for Garden Spark! Hungry to learn about garden design from the experts? I’m hosting a series of talks by inspiring garden designers, landscape architects, and authors a few times a year. Held in Austin, the talks are limited-attendance events that sell out quickly, so join the Garden Spark email list to be notified in advance. Simply click this link and ask to be added.

All material © 2020 by Pam Penick for Digging. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

The post Wildflowers for an Easter quarantine appeared first on Digging.

-gzRwumt8qo

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back