Yeah the new horses are here

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I just wanted to know if Randy knew where the balloons had taken off from. I've been in one but it was a radio station promotion and I had skipped 'school'(teaching) that day. I heard on the radio that this balloon was in OLNEY! I knew exactly where it was (virtually at the end of the street 2 streets over!) I drove like a maniac, got there, and the gal said,"Good thing you hurried b/c you're the LAST one going up!" When we were done, I got out and there, next in line (too late) was ONE OF MY PARENTS! oh....hi mrs.etsinger...i wasn't feeling very good this morning and . . . . . Dawn, has Patches left yet? ( Or was Shiloh going first?) ~ Curbs (CG, if we're making an Ark for Trax' flooding, think he could give us a ride to Dawn's so we can ride?)

On a nice day, we are liable to see 6 or 7 ballons in the sky. When we gain altitude going over the mountain to the north of us, we can see the whole valley. The mountain isn't all that high. The pass (low spot) is a bit over 1200 feet above the valley floor.

They always make me smile ~ I think of The Wizard of Oz, too :) Is there one season they tend to fly in more than another? ~ Curbie

Oh, yes. We get storms in off the Pacific Ocean one after the other through nine months of the year. Once we get into the summer months, we don't get nearly as much rain or cloud cover. The balloons don't go up when the ceiling is low or when it is windy. They do not go up late in the day either. The wind is usually calmaround daybreak and for an hour or two after that. But once the breeze picks up, you better be back on the ground with one of those things. There is an awful lot of surface on a balloon and a slight breeze is too much.

I am so glad... the filly has settled down with the loss of her mom.
Mom will come home in a few days. Sure hope she knows she is weaned by then.

Does she cry and bay? I had a neighbor who weaned a calf and that calf cried for days. And at all hours of the night. It got old real quick, but I felt so bad for the calf :(

We have weaning corrals behind our house, in the fall when they wean the calves it really can get out of control noisy.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back