Yeah the new horses are here

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

And I love em both. They are so sweet and gentle.
The fleabitten white mare is 7 and her baby is 2, the filly is really sweet too.

Attachments

• patch.jpg
    patch.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 322
  • patches.jpg
    patches.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 337
  • shilo.jpg
    shilo.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 339

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are you going to do with them? We have one horse here and he has utterly no responsibility whatever. But Fiona loves him.

Kya D

We will ride them,,, I have always ridden and I love the feeling of the horse, me and nature

curbhopper

I didn't know you had horses! I LOVE to ride ! Rode for years and as a pre-divorce gift, my soon-to-be ex-husband gave me a Morgan ! I boarded here but spent as much time as I could with her while working 22 jobs and having a 3 year-old. Is Mom an App? She has sweet eyes. Where did you get them? I loved having my own b/c I did a lot of trail riding (with no hard hat as required when you rent from a stable). Bonnie was a spoiled girl. She had a foal, too. THAT was an experience! Congratulations! :) ~ Curbie

Spider_Lily

Kya I love them both .with a lot of love and feed your mare will be beautiful again.Her foal is a beauty love her coloring.They both look like sweetheart's.

Kya D

Well since I got them here I did find out that that 2 and 1/2 YO filly is still NURSING her mom so they are now in seperate corrals and the mare should start gaining weight asap

curbhopper

When do they usually stop nursing ? No wonder 'Mom' looks a little worn-out. Have you named them ? Where did you get them ? ~ Curbie

Kya D

Curbie, foals usually are weaned by 9 months, some wean at 4-6 months but that seems pretty young to me almost all are weaned by 1 year old.
I have never seen a mare let a colt nurse at 2 and a half.
I just put the mare on some great pasture for a couple of weeks and by then she will have put on some weight and her milk will dry up.
Shilo the filly will stay here and fuss while she misses her Mom.
Hubby's cuz gave them to us. He had named them so their names are Patches (mom) and Shilo.
For some reason my Mom raised me that if an animal has a name when you get them then you keep those names. SO we will keep the names.

curbhopper

How much land do you have ~ the whole state of Utah ? Yep, have to keep their names b/c 'they' already associate that name with themselves. All of our cats come when called and as you probably know, so will horses. I am so enjoying your experience ~ Curbie :)

Kya D

Patches will be gone for about 2 weeks so This story will continue with Shilo and when Patches comes home the 1st ride. We will see

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dawn,
Congrats on the family additions! I love to ride but don't get the chance anymore. And with my back issues it can be painfull. I have to pick and choose my times to ride. :)
Have fun and snuggle them for me.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have had a couple of young ladies on our road riding several times over the past month. I am not sure where they live and that isn't important anyway.

curbhopper

Where are they going? (I'm having withdrawal already! ) That's cool, Randy ~ there RAREly is a disgruntled rider ~ blue skies, horse beneath you, light breeze. Did you ever find out anything about those hot air balloons? Curbs :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't know I was supposed to find out anything. When we had that GG gathering here at our place three years ago, Brenda (Mamabear) and her family went up in one of the balloons. They launch from our small airport here in Newberg.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a great friend who owned a ballon and made a business out of it. I took Tim up
( LOL He is so scared of heights!!!) he hated it. His worst fear came true we ran out of land an we were heading for the open ocean. The only place to land was inside the St.Joe paper compound. There were a lot of high power electric lines and Howard landed that ballon right in the middle. Well crash landed. I got a broken nose and broken pinkie. But it was great and I would do it again. Then the security team drew down on us LOL! and we had to show ID and residency in the US. Just crazy.
I took my son up at 5 years old he loved it( We crashed in a Cemetary on Sunday) . I took my bestfriend , she loved it.( No crashes) Then another really good friend of mine had Howard perform her wedding in his ballon. Sadly he passed in 2009. He was an awesome person, environmentalist, and ballon captain.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I hijacked you thread Dawn. I just had to relate the ballon stories. :eek:

Curbie what was it you wanted to know about ballons??

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com