Yikes! Scorpions!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
HELP!

Some of you may remember that I have a very severe reaction to scorpion stings. In fact I have about 5 minutes to seek medical attention before cardiac arrest. I am buying new epi pens today and staging them around.
Last week I was laying in bed and thought there was a moth on the ceiling. Well I didn't want to get up so I left it. The next day it caught my attention again and it turned out to be a scorpion!
Now this morning I went to get my shoes and there was one in with my shoes. I smashed his little brains out but still had that ill feeling in my gut that I am on borrowed time with being stung.
So with all that said my question to you is do you know of any ORGANIC solution for scorpions. I need something to make a barrier at doors and windows to keep them from getting in the house. With the grandbabies coming I can't risk them getting stung.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you. I saw 2 more this weekend!
The second site was organic but the whole catching idea is not on my list . LOL! not sure which ones we have but they are killers, at least with me. Might try poison outside the door jambs and windows. They are falling out of the oak tress right now.

Last edited:

latebloomer

O.K.,CG,that IS creepy!!! At that point I'd do pesticides and spray the trees. I wonder if DE would would if you placed it under the boards?

swindy

Nancy if I was in your position I would search out the strongest poison I could find to keep those things as far away from me as possible. Organic is fine in most situations but if something is a threat to your life then it is time to pull out the AK47. I understand your feelings on chemicals and poisons but there are times when you have to protect yourself.

herbyann

:eek: :eek: :eek: I SAY NUKE THE LITTLE B@@@@@@@@@;S
All panick aside, I say jus do whatever ye have to do to get rid of them! Your life is the most important consideration at this time and space. You could be bitten in your sleep.........................................
You know how big an enviromentalisst I am but it's just not worth your life. May god bless and protect ye.

Luv ye, Herby

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys. I found another this morning in the downstairs bath and a brown widow in my kithcen window. I am considering calling a pest control company. I have a huge canopy of oks and there is no way to spray them. We did spray ( God for give me) Ortho Max outside all the windows and doors. I really hope this helps. I have the creepy willies and can't be comfortable in my own house.

Mitransplant

By all means CALL a Pest Co.!!!! I haven't seen any live ones where I live but hubby has seen a few at his work. I talked to our neighbors pest guy and he said we are clear of them. He also said to get a cat because they are immune to their sting. I read if you have small children to put the feet of the crib into glass mason jars as they can't climb up them, just a thought.

Jade

Yikes CG, get the chemical warfare going!!! And I thought ticks were bad. I would put my foot down with the scorpions.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
By all means CALL a Pest Co.!!!! I haven't seen any live ones where I live but hubby has seen a few at his work. I talked to our neighbors pest guy and he said we are clear of them. He also said to get a cat because they are immune to their sting. I read if you have small children to put the feet of the crib into glass mason jars as they can't climb up them, just a thought.

Thanks! What a great idea with the mason jars.With the babies coming home I just can't chance it. I have a great indoor cat who loves to hunt, maybe I would have even more if he were not around.:eek:
I tore my bed room apart and cleaned everything even if it was clean. I sprayed around the outside of the windows and doors. Tim told me that's what I get for having the driest log in the swamp. Lol!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com