zero turn

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Melissa

Ended up getting a Bobcat...Mr Smelly is loving it...cut mowing time from eight hours to three and half a week!!

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's great
it takes me about 3 hrs a week to mow here
got to do it tomorrow

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
When we looked at the zero turn mowers versus the steering wheel mower (front mount cut) we went with the steering wheel. We mow with a 72 inch Kubota and love it. Doesn't take long to cut grass!!!! Glad you like the zero turn but as fast as I cut grass I use the steering wheel to hold on, cutting grass at about 15 MPH. Hehehehe!!!! Don't get any better than that.

Last edited:

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is nothing nicer than having a mower you like and enjoy. I have a small yard and an electric the kids bought years ago and never used much. It seems they were thinking green but daughter kept running over the extension cord. They left it here with the house when they moved. don't need it in an apartment.hehe.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of electric, my sister has a very small garden and has an electric Mantis tiller. I can just imagine running over the cord while mowing or tilling.

Melissa

Wow...72 inch cut? That would be way too big for us...wouldn't be able to mow between gardens or trees for that matter. Our property is rolling hills and the zero turn hugs them beautifully...it rides a little rough for me but Mr Smelly does't mind

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
To go between the grapevines and garden and other smaller areas, my husband has smaller equipment he uses.

PRH

I had a zero turn and sold it earlier this year because it didn't seem to have very much traction. ( I always got the mower stuck while I was mowing someway )
I took the $$$ from the zero turn rider and bought me a new riding tractor ( the one that has a wheel to turn ) I had an old one that I used. The riding tractor I bought is automatic and has power steering ( should have got it with cruise too ) However,I'm working out a way to install an audio system of somekind on it ( leave something like that to me to figure out ) :p

GL & mow safely!!

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know a lot of lawn service people use the zero turn but I like to have a steering wheel. My husband has CD players on his tractors that have a cab on the tractors. Hope you can figure out how to get your music!!!

PRH

I know a lot of lawn service people use the zero turn but I like to have a steering wheel. My husband has CD players on his tractors that have a cab on the tractors. Hope you can figure out how to get your music!!!

Decided to use my iPod to get music for now! ( think it's alittle easier too ) :p

deck chucker

I took an old pair of camo pants with a pocket and sewed them up so it has 2 -the normal pocket and a bigger one behind it out of leg and butt(!) fabric. I added a couple straps from the old waistband and some velcro. I used my old tape player (battery operated) and some headphones when I first used it and then a discman with antiskip when it was available. The seat was high on the old wheel horse so I wrapped it around that. When I use it on the cub now I just put it around my waist.

Good to know about the traction. My husband wanted a zero turn and I talked him into a cub garden tractor. It's got 3 times the horsepower as my 8 hp wh, but it doesn't have half the energy.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com