Zinnia

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I will keep checking too if I find them I will get extras to share if you can't find them. They are by Burpee and I didn't see a Burpee rack at Walmart but will check another store and the Ace Hardware. I have about 4 Walmart stores within 6 miles of my home.

Try the Ace/Aco, True Value Hardware store for the White Marigolds.

(Wal*Mart:$1.00
Pinwheel Zinnia (I bought today)
http://www.burpee.com/product/annua...+series+-+mix+pinwheel+-+1+pkt.+(50+seeds).do

Wal*Mart- Envy Rare (like a greenish) Sorta looks like the color of Bells of Ireland )

Home Depot $2.79 had, but I didn't buy today
Giant Red and Big Red(enchantress) Giant Lavender Gem (bought already @hardware store $1.49 Reduced from 1.99) )

White Wedding Zinnia <(I have in my mix already)
Purple Prince or
Purple Prince with (mix) Princess Yellow

http://www.burpee.com/product/annual+flowers/zinnias/white+wedding+zinnia+-+packet+(25+seeds).do

Just make your rounds to Hardware stores and Wal*Mart and Home Depot if you have these stores!
You will find them! Look on the bottom hidden shelves! That is where I found them had to actually sit on the floor to see them *LOL Im use to sitting on the floor so I was having the "Gardening Fever Excitement" for a sec there *LOL

Hope the links work.
Way cheaper if you buy in a store!!!!!!!!!!

Kale:)

Those purple Zinnia are beautiful! I would also love to see a picture when they start blooming. I am pretty excited for some zinnias seeds I bought. They are the scabious mix:
http://www.backyardgardener.com/seeds/product08/1789.html

So far three have flowered and they are regular single petals not the scabious. :-/ After researching I read you got to germinate most of the seeds to get a good chance of getting the scabious flowers. So now I got the rest of the seeds germinating! Hehe.

Sincerely,
Vanessa

I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon.I had to make a trip through garden center
Didn't buy any thing much today they were resetting the dept things everywhere.But I found some Zinna seed I had to have.Giant Violet Queen
I have never seen a purple zinnia.The picture is so pretty.:)

Hey Spider_Lily, I bought some of thos seeds yesterday. I amd starting them today!!! I can't wait till they come up. Kim

I 'm planting mine this afternoon.I bought a few more pack's yesterday.Still haven't found any of the white Marigolds yet:)

I haven't seen any white ones!! I didn't know that there was such a thing. I bought some marigolda yesterday, puting them in with the veggies. Kim

Kale found some white Marigold's look back through this thread she has a picture.I sowed my purple Zinnia's today.Now the waiting begin's:)

I found these white Zinnia seeds at Home Depot today. I still haven't found the white marigolds yet.

Attachments

• White Zinnias 001.JPG
    White Zinnias 001.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 329
I'm waiting for mine to peek out now its surely warm enough now 85 degrees today.I had to turn on the air conditioner today.:)

I found these white Zinnia seeds at Home Depot today. I still haven't found the white marigolds yet.
I think have them!
I will go look.:):) no..I saw them, Home Depot, along with the reds and Giant Reds) I have them already in the Giant Cactus Mix and the Lilliput and the California Giant mix.

Kale:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went by WalMart today and found a different Zinna that I had never seen before. It is a beautiful Chartreuse color! Planted them already!

What varieties do you grow? I love zinnias, too, and they're great for butterflies; but they tend to mildew on me.
I found these at Walmart their a pretty purple color.Giant Violet Queenand I have candy stripe,pompom,gaint mix,cactus mix,these i bought.And I have some I collected from last summer just assorted mixed seeds.

Is mildew on the zinnias ever a problem where you are, Spider Lily? I'm a little reluctant to buy flowers for the butterflies from big box stores because of the pesticides that are used, but it might be worth it to grow some to save seed.

No problem with mildew here.Might be because it's always so dry here in the Summer.But I love to plant them the blooms seem to last longer.

I found these at Walmart their a pretty purple color.Giant Violet Queenand I have candy stripe,pompom,gaint mix,cactus mix,these i bought.And I have some I collected from last summer just assorted mixed seeds.

I saw a creamy white one. I didn't realize ther were so many different varieties.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back