Zinnia

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

I bought some hot pink ones in six inch pots for 50 cents at Lowes on the discount table. I water them every other day until the start to look better then I will plant in a bed. I have so many different seeds of them too.

Attachments

• Assorted Zinnias.jpg
    Assorted Zinnias.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 311

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got to try to get my seeds planted this weekend. Should have ws them early this yr.

richnkim

My zinnas have not bloomed yet. They are planted in pots. I hope that hasn't stopped them from blooming. They are about 9 inches tall.

Melissa

I haven't planted my annual seeds yet either, Laurie. It is just now getting warm. I still have to get the Cannas, Dahlias, and Glads in the ground also...have about 200 WS seedlings to get planted...looks like I am going to have a busy weekend.

Spider_Lily

I wanted to transplant a few thing's and sow a few more seed this weekend but it's raining again it's rained all night too..Look's like all weekend:(

Melissa

We are going to have rain starting Tuesday for about a week so I am really trying to get everything planted this weekend. Got the Glad, Dahlias, and Cannas planted...I am beat. I'm gonna rest a bit and start on the WS seedlings. I can always pot the seeds in the garage next week while I watch it rain. Those purple Zinnia's are delicious...can't wait to see pics of them blooming!!

Spider_Lily

One more tiny little Zinnia this one has more of the purple color.

Attachments

• Mom's flowers 09 018.JPG
    Mom's flowers 09 018.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 309

Spider_Lily

Sharing a few more Zinnia's

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 017.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 017.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 303
  • MOMS FLOWERS 018.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 018.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 303
  • MOMS FLOWERS 037.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 037.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 289
  • MOMS FLOWERS 038.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 038.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 297
I was just browsing through because I just joined this community today. I know this thread is from last year, but I just had to share that I picked up some of the "violet queen" and "envy" zinnias out of curiosity. They were just staring at me and I couldn't resist. This is my first year growing annuals by myself, but I believe they will be amazing! I was excited to see a thread about them....

Spider_Lily

I love Zinnia's but the Gaint Violet Queen didn't do as well as I thought it might.I was expecting a large bloom but they all turned out small.I saw Wal-Mart has a large assortment of Zinna seed's.:)

Rose White

beautiful zinnias

I just bought a package of zinnia seeds in Turkey and will plant them in the PA mountains in June. Wish me luck!
:)

Rose White, author of
"Easy Gardens A to Z"

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com