Recent content by kirk1701

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. K

New Tomato Problem

Took a look at the pics in the link and compared them to the plants, looks very much the same as both pics, early blight and Septoria so guess I'll look for a fungicide next time I'm in town. Thanks Ron
  2. K

New Tomato Problem

Yes, just the lower leaves but I have some late tomatoes just set out a week ago that are also doing it which was what concerned me.
  3. K

New Tomato Problem

Hey guys this is something new other then my other thread with the southern blight which "seems" to be cleared up as we got what plants that were infected pulled up. Whats left seems to be doing great however this is something simple I hope, happens every year and I'd just like to know what...
  4. K

Problem with tomato garden

Thanks bud
  5. K

Hey got a question for you all. A couple of you have mentioned rotating the crops; ok maybe I am and I really haven't thought about it being such as we get two crops a year off the same land :D Beans go first, then the tomatoes and that area is workable by mid August at which time it gets...
  6. K

I have a few friends in the drought area I've told I wish I could send them some of our surpluss, I haven't had to water the lawn yet once this year. I have had to put some expensive fungicides down to prevent Brown Patch; Eagle 20, Clearys 3336 and just this week an application of Heritage...
  7. K

They did tell me not to replant in the same place, but that was in the letter I got yesterday. Last week when I took the plants to the extension office I was told not to pull anymore up till they could determine what was wrong and if there was a cure. We'll I could see the plants were too far...
  8. K

Update for you all. Got the report back from the extension office and yu know what?? Think I'll mix some dam 2,4-D up and spray it straight up in the air and say LOOK MOM!! no drift :eek: /Joking aside I'm glad I'm off the hook with the boss now for this one, and me having told and...
  9. K

I'm still looking good, spite the setback with some of the tomatoes. I like taking monthly pictures of my lawn, landscape and garden each year to show the progress and just so happen I'm due to take those today so soon as I get them uploaded to facebook I'll post a link for everyone. It is...
  10. K

Thanks, I'm not giving up yet, LOL
  11. K

I'm just coming in for the day, set out about 30 new plants; pulled the grass out from around the plants over the weekend like I said in above posts. Also see I have some red tomatoes on the vines that made it through this little war :D
  12. K

Crabbergirl I think you nailed it :D To early to be for sure but I do believe the grass was the culprit here. Normally by now the spring rains have stopped and your looking at 1" or rain a month; and were watering and the water bill triples :rolleyes: We've done got .75" of rain since...
  13. K

We'll, dropped the plants off at the extension office yesterday morning. The master gardener wasn't in so she was going to take a look at them and give me a call back, but I've been told not to pull anymore plants up till she looked at them. 4 PM yesterday and no callback so I called them...
  14. K

Yea, see your in Canada and I remember that bann happening now, you guys can't get a lot of stuff we do and also, New York is following your lead too. I'm in Kentucky and down here we get weeds you guys don't and a longer growing season. I'm always teasing my sister in Pa. you shovel snow 9...
  15. K

Yea, been down this road three years back, could have been me and herb drift then I can't be for sure but they sure were quick to point the finger at it soon as I told them I had sprayed 2,4-D I wasn't experienced in spraying then, I am now and when I sprayed I was 6" away from marigolds...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back