Recent content by Mitransplant

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. M

Yikes! Scorpions!

By all means CALL a Pest Co.!!!! I haven't seen any live ones where I live but hubby has seen a few at his work. I talked to our neighbors pest guy and he said we are clear of them. He also said to get a cat because they are immune to their sting. I read if you have small children to put the...
  2. M

Tulips, crocus and Aliums

Dor I share your love for them also and I'm in the same boat as you. We just don't get the sustained cold that they need here in my part of Arizona. I even tried some of the species tulips but they only lasted the one year. So I have to adjust to admiring them in the grocery stores and leaving...
  3. M

Any Lime grower's?

Hmm. I had no idea they liked humidity that may be an issue here in Glendale as our humidity level was only 5% yesterday. May have to come up with some kind of misting for it? Oh dear now I'm off to research misters....
  4. M

Any Lime grower's?

I have a solution to that.... I have a solution to that I picked up a pair of plant dollies at Harbor Freight for I think $10 for the 2 of them! Mine is already on one of them. I had to kick one of my Bird of Paradises off it, oh well. Now moving my big plants is a breeze & I don't have to rely...
  5. M

Rescuing plants

Back in Mi at the local Walmart I scored tulips & daffodils for .50! Wish the Walmart down here took better care of the plants I have yet to see them mark plants down.
  6. M

Planted today...!!!

I got to plant some aloe's that my neighbor gave me! I am always reminded of a saying I heard that gardener's make the best friends!
  7. M

Any Lime grower's?

I couldn't resist the other day at a local nursery and came home with a Bearss Lime tree. I plan on keeping it in a pot and already have its next "home" in mind. It has a few baby limes on it, I can't wait for a fresh glass of limeade! Maybe have to wait until this fall but anyone in the area...
  8. M

Who Grows Berries/Fruit

Trying my hand I'm trying my hand again with stawberries. I have a nice pot growing with 5 small berries already. Maybe starting them earlier is the trick down here in the desert we will see.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back