Recent content by oIHo™

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. oIHo™

big project, terracing a garden?

Well I havent given up just yet. Cross ties were my first thought and I do often see piles of them by tracks in rural locations. I figure maybe they are leaving them out so someone could help dispose of them? ;) But upon further research they would be the worse choice. Ties leach the worse...
  2. oIHo™

Well upon more research it seems most 'landscape timbers' (the ones that are rounded on 2 sides and flat on the other) that are usually inexpensive are not truly pressure treated, just dipped, and have a much shorter life span (like maybe 10 years). True pressure treated stuff suppose to last...
  3. oIHo™

greenhouse location

Thanks all for the advice. Crabbergirl - during the spring the greenhouse would be getting pretty much all day full sun, the trees by it wont have any leaves on them when I am starting the seedlings. I forget when exactly they start leafing out, but I think it will get plenty of light until...
  4. oIHo™

greenhouse location

Hello, I am preparing to setup my first greenhouse. Its just a beginner one, a cheap harbor frieghts 6x8. I have heard these are not UV coated and dont last too long in direct sunlight. One thought I had was placing it in a location on the south side of our house between the house and driveway...
  5. oIHo™

First post, and I need some help! First off I consider myself an intermediate gardener, helped out with the gardens growing up as a kid and now getting back into gardening. We have had a vegetable garden for the last 3 years thats done well. But we want to plant some perrenial veggies and...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back