Recent content by snootyhen

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

Dwarf Garden issues

Ive been (and continue to water with a soaker hose turning it on around 6am when I get the kids up for school. The one problem we had a lot of this year was afternoon thundershowers (severe) that might last 10-30 minutes, then scorching sunlight (my lawn was burned up for about a month there)...
  2. S

Dwarf Garden issues

Im on the TN/KY border. This is a soil report from USDA for my area Though I believe from the feel there and consistency of the mud pies the kids make that we have more clay than is stated by the survey. The garden itself is 15 ft wide and 40 ft long. with 18 inches between rows. We have...
  3. S

Dwarf Garden issues

This is my third year gardening, using the same spot. It is in direct morning sunlight but gets afternoon to evening shade. Prior to planting, I fertilized the soil, and we tilled it 3 separate times. I planted in "jiffy pots" indoors with the kids and except for a few stray seeds knew exactly...
  4. S

Hello!

I came in search of answers for my dwarf gardening issues, thought Id go ahead and register and get comfy here :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back