Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

Help!! Does anyone grow Peonies?

I had similar problems, and they are doing much better since they stand in partial shade.
  2. G

reason for gernaium yellow leaves

How did you treat it, after all?
  3. G

My Charleston Greenhouse

For how long do you have that greenhouse? My timber greenhouse is after 15 years, unfortunately, beyond repair, and I'm thinking about a replacement.
  4. G

Tulips: What's Wrong?

Best probably to dig the bulbs out, replace the soil and provide good drainage. Next year they should be better then.
  5. G

Blue Rose

The naturally most bluish roses I have seen so far are still mostly purple, i.e. http://artprint.org/featured/purple-rose-frank-tschakert.html
  6. G

What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

The birds are busy, first blossoms out, but no spring temperatures...
  7. G

Support for hibiscus and Peonies

Or make your own from hazel branches... Pretty and almost invisible in a garden bed.
  8. G

What kind of paint for a cedar flower box?

Leave it unpainted... Mine are from Larch wood and still good after about 7 years... And if you have to replace it one day, you can compost the leftovers - or (after drying) use them as firewood.
  9. G

What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

After a very dry spring, now mostly hot with occasional storms. Stressful for many plants.
  10. G

Greenhouses for Mn

In my own experience, keeping a greenhouse just frost-free all the winter in regions with regular frosts is not really cheap - keeping it warm enough so you can grow something may become quite expensive. But: A lot depends on insulation and location - a solid double glazed construction facing...
  11. G

Help with my pumpkin seedings?

Did they recover?
  12. G

Who has their seeds started or planted in the ground already??

Started in February, but still need grow lights for most.
  13. G

Indoor "Greenhouse"?

It depends on the plants if you really want them warmer. Heat mats work (I think most unregulated ones will increase the temperature by 10 degrees or something in that range.) If you use it regularly, making a nice little greenhouse from glass and wood could be worth it. Grow lights do help to...
  14. G

Compost

Two years ago I made a new one from larch wood: A large box from four fence-like elements, which I had prepared before. Still looks like new.
  15. G

What kind of seeds are you harvesting now,

Oriental tobacco. But, the weather does not help.
  16. G

dandilions!!

Pull by cutting the root with a knife. Lots of work, but in my experience the most reliable way.
  17. G

Gladiola bulbs

They should be kept in a dry and cool (frost free) place, but not dry out.
  18. G

Wood for garden house doors

Constructive wood protection is the best wood protection (actually this holds true for any building material). A garden house door which rarely gets wet and can quickly dry off if it happens can practically be made out of any (local) wood and does not really need chemical treatment or paint...
  19. G

Wood used in exterior doors

Why don´t you use wood?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back