Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. FLO

Tons of these bugs in my garden bed! Please help identify

They look like the silverfish we have, except they aren't silver..... I packed my NAS north american insect guide already, sorry. I imagine they are shredders. They are probably beneficial. The bite marks on the leaves are probably from something else. These look like they feed on the...
  2. FLO

Topsy Turvy

Topsy turveys are terrible. I wouldn't waste a penny on it if I were you. I tried one, and had horrible results. They also bake the roots. The dirt dries out in hours, not days. The baffles impede water distribution. The water makes channels, and runs out, missing the dirt altogether. The plants...
  3. FLO

Amish Friendship Bread

That old chestnut. I like it every few years.
  4. FLO

Tool Time

Oh man, I'm hanging with garden nerds..... I guess I belong :)
  5. FLO

Tool Time

I gave up on the weed eaters. The string/wire fails before the job is done every time, leaving to re-wind the spool in order to finish. This is not due to my own error, it happens right out of the box. I even got the thickes gas powered eater on the market. It even has two whips. Same problem. I...
  6. FLO

Things People Do To Their Cats!!!

I'm sure most or all of the photos shown are fake, but people really do paint, and dye animals.
  7. FLO

Anyone good with orchids?

That's pretty much the way it is for me. Keep it small, keep it all. It's a ton of work during this recession though.
  8. FLO

The book is called "teaming with microbes" by Jeff Lowenfells & Wayne Lewis I transplanted the Keiki. I used about one 30th of the bag I think. Here are the pics of the orchid transplant;
  9. FLO

I had planned on just squeezing most of the water out of the portion I rehydrate. I intend to leave it like a damp sponge, and then work with it. I was just going to start watering it like usual the next day. I think on the second watering I'll give it some fertilizer from the bottom tray, and...
  10. FLO

I still haven't gotten around to potting it. I have been absolutely slammed with s*** happening. Too bad all the, ehem, doesn't pay.
  11. FLO

A custom cabinet, and woodworking shop. Mostly kitchens, and entertainment centers. Because of the economy, I am offering custom for less than home depot to keep the phone ringing. I went and got some mix today. Hydro Farm's Oganic Coco Coir. It's a big 5 pound brick that has to be...
  12. FLO

Honestly, I have not made it to the store. I got really swamped in my shop. I am going to try to make it to the store this weekend.
  13. FLO

The red on the leaf came after I moved it away from the light. That leaf is the newest one. These lights do weird things to plants. Like speed up the flowering process, and fruit development. I like that, it's just remarkable. I think this CFL light is easier for the plants to use/eat or...
  14. FLO

That helps a lot. Thank you. I'll put up some pictures of it when I am done.
  15. FLO

Now that you can see the pot it is in, is it big enough? Should I discard the old plant once I re-plant the keiki?
  16. FLO

Yep. Those are peppers. I have 3 kinds of peppers, and 4 kinds of tomato in there. I took the new pics of the orchid, and I'll put one of the peppers up too, and one of the tomatoes.
  17. FLO

What cardboard sign? The website I think you are talking about is printed on the very reflector of my light. It is my website, and I try to include it in as many pictures as I can. It's pretty easy since the plants practically surround it. It's just a marketing tool used the world over. It's why...
  18. FLO

You mentioned direct sun, and intense light being a problem. That's one of the reasons I wanted to show that light. I had it within a half inch of a 23 watt CFL bulb, and then I moved the light up for the other plants. It seemed to be just slightly happier right next to the bulb. Now, I have...
  19. FLO

Do they sell pre-packaged medium for Orchids?
  20. FLO

The little burned spot on the leaf is from where it grew into the bulb, and I didn't see it for a few hours. I give it a couple tablespoons of water every day, but it sounds like I can back off. I keep it in the hall closet, so it stays maybe 3 degrees warmer than the houes. We keep that...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back