Alocasia odora urgent need help

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Jodank

Hi!
I'm new here but I need urgent to my situation.

I'm an owner of an Alocasia odorabut their leafs as somehow in a bad condition.

They are outside in my garden not in a pot.
I spotted some yellow and brown traces around the leaf.
No direct sunlight on their, I'm watering regularli 1x in a week when if needed. I always check for soil moisture before watering.
I also have microscope and using them to identify if there are any insect or other staff.

In my case, I cant see anything suspicious.
No insects and no fungus on the leaf.

Check the attached picture pls.

Any ide I would really appreciate.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_005426.jpg
    IMG_20220805_005426.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 124
can be due to overwatering or underwatering, in your case as it is not in the pot so most likely it is due to underwatering.

Hello! From the picture you attached, it looks like your Alocasia plant might be experiencing some leaf discoloration and browning. There are a few potential causes for this:

1. Overwatering: Even if you are checking for soil moisture before watering, it's possible that the plant is getting too much water. Alocasia plants prefer moist but well-draining soil. If the soil is staying too wet, it can lead to root rot and cause the leaves to turn yellow and brown.
  2. Underwatering: On the other hand, if the plant is not getting enough water, it can also lead to leaf discoloration and browning. Make sure that the soil is not drying out completely between waterings.
  3. Nutrient deficiency: Alocasia plants require regular fertilization to maintain healthy growth. If the plant is not getting enough nutrients, it can cause the leaves to turn yellow and brown.
  4. Environmental stress: Alocasia plants prefer warm and humid conditions. If the plant is exposed to cold temperatures or dry air, it can cause the leaves to turn yellow and brown.
  5. Pest infestation: Although you have checked for pests with a microscope, it's still possible that the plant is being attacked by pests that are too small to see, such as spider mites or thrips.
To address the issue, try adjusting your watering schedule to make sure the soil is moist but well-draining. You may also want to consider fertilizing the plant with a balanced fertilizer. Make sure the plant is not exposed to cold temperatures or dry air, and keep an eye out for any signs of pest infestation. If the issue persists, it may be helpful to consult with a local plant expert or horticulturist.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back