Blackbirs eating my corn

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bigpinks

There is a spray used extensively by commercial fruit growers(cherries,blue-berries and apricots were mentioned) called Bird Shield. It is labeled "generally safe" by the gov't. What a straddle the fence description if I ever heard it. Anyone know anything about it or another way to keep the bird from getting half the crop?

I had that problem last year and took my empty flower pots and seed trays and made it so the birds couldn't land in the corn patch. Put the pots down and put the trays on top all around the corn patch. If they can't land they can't eat it up on you. Or get netting and sticks,staple the netting to the sticks after you drive them into the ground.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back