Recipe Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies

Christmas is never complete until you add the chocolate andes mint cookies! And if you’re looking for a fun twist make sure you try adding chocolate chips!

andes-mint-chip-double-chocolate-cookies-recipe-10.jpg

These chocolate andes mint cookies are a cinch to make, and while you may have already been sold on the peppermint chip cookies I think you would be wise to give these puppies a try.

They totally remind me of those famous Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, but as a soft cookie with mint chips instead of that chocolate dipped cookie.

You know what would really be good? Now that I’m thinking about it, and of course all of the cookies are already gone which means I’ll have to make a whole new batch, which is not something I’m complaining about! Anyway, it would be really good to bake these for a minute extra so they aren’t burned but they are a little extra crisp and then dip them in hot cocoa! Oh, what?! Booyah!

andes-mint-chip-double-chocolate-cookies-recipe-2.jpg

Our oldest daughter and Cade would especially be all over that. They both love cocoa and toast. As in actually dipping the toast in the hot cocoa. I do not like it. I love an oreo dipped in milk, but toast? Gross. Tell me, are you into dipping things?

andes-mint-chip-double-chocolate-cookies-recipe-4.jpg

Where to Buy Andes Mints​

You can buy already chopped Andes Mint pieces in the baking section by the chocolate chips but they are often only found during the holidays.

If you can’t find the baking pieces, like I couldn’t this last time just buy Andes Mint chocolates in the candy section and let your kids break them into little bits.

Can Chocolate Cookies Be Frozen?​

Most cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.

Place cooled cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze.

When the cookies are frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or a heavy duty freezer bag.

andes-mint-chip-double-chocolate-cookies-recipe-6.jpg

How Long Will Cookies Keep At Room Temperature?​

Cookies will keep for 3-5 days at room temperature.

Cookies should be kept in an airtight container or a plastic bag.

Tips!

Baking on a Silpat will help whenever you have chocolate involved as it will make for an even bake on the bottom of the cookie and keep the chocolate from burning on the pan.

Adding a few pieces of Andes Mint to the tops of the cookies right after baking will make them look more professional and pump up the flavor!

andes-mint-chip-double-chocolate-cookies-recipe-12.jpg

andes-mint-chip-double-chocolate-cookies-recipe-8.jpg

Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies​

Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies

nt-chip-double-chocolate-cookies-recipe-10-280x360.jpg

Christmas is never complete until you add the chocolate andes mint cookies! And if you’re looking for a fun twist make sure you try adding chocolate chips!

• 3/4 Cup Butter (softened (MUST be softened and not melted))
  • 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Hersheys Cocoa
  • 1/3 Cup Dark Cocoa (or just use regular cocoa)
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Cup Andes Mint Baking Chips (or chopped Andes Mint Bars)
  1. Heat the oven to 350.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar or 4 minutes until smooth and lightened in color. This time period makes for a fluffier cookie.

3. Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and mix until just combined.

4. In a separate bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients.
  5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until the ingredients are well incorporated.
  6. Stir in the baking chips.

7. Scoop using a cookie scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.

8. Remove to a cooling rack and sprinkle a few extra on top.

READ: Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back