Finished Garden now to grow :) COMMENTS !!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

smackem

Today we finally got everything out of the pots and into the ground got the side walling painted gree and put up the fences. :) take a look and tell me what you think
SAM_0449.jpg

SAM_0450.jpg

SAM_0451.jpg

SAM_0452.jpg

SAM_0453.jpg

Looks good ! Maybe we won't get the lows we had last year for the winter. If we don't we should be able to keep nice gardens going until spring. Egg plants are really loving this weather as are my peppers.

i hope we dont get bad freezes yet i need my little babies to get a little bit stronger! question for you. do you have very standy soil too?

My "soil" is alll sand. I have worked for years on ammending it with my home-made compost as well as grass clippings and here recently I have been able to get mushroom compost for about $30 a yard. That really did the trick. I also hunt the paper for free manure , I just got a pick up loard of goat. I also nab bags of leaf anf grass litter from beside the road on yard waste days. You might check with you waste company or local landfill, here they give free "mulch" or "compost" which is chipped yard waste. It offers very little in fertilizer but a lot in soil building. I try to keep my beds mulched with grass and leaves and it has made a huge diff in the gardens. I have been garding in Fl for over 30 years. When I was in the keys I had all raised beds on top of limestone. Talk about a hard way to grow! The sand is a good thing when we are having a lot of rain , but it can be a curse when we are hot and dry.

here is the new garden this week

Finally been another week and new pictures of the beautiful plants here we go!

Pumpkins
SAM_0466.jpg

Squash!
SAM_0467.jpg

Watermellons
SAM_0468.jpg

Corn
SAM_0469.jpg

Green Beans
SAM_0471.jpg

SAM_0472.jpg

Banana Peppers and Carrots
SAM_0473.jpg

SAM_0475.jpg

Sun Flowers 1000 Suns & evening mix
SAM_0476.jpg

Tomatos
SAM_0477.jpg

Cucumbers
SAM_0478.jpg

Apples & Mint (none green small pot is a peach tree)
SAM_0479.jpg

Beets &
SAM_0480.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back