Recipe Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

B

bsugar

Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies

Tis the Season for these Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies that will bring joy to each and every one. These cookies are soft and chewy filled with a delicious creamy filling that makes each bite memorable!
gingerbread-cookie-sandwiches-5-570x855.jpg

Hi! My name is Nicole and I am the food blogger of Brown Sugar Food Blog! Don’t mind me, I’m just stopping by to share a delicious recipe that you will crave each year around the holidays. First, a little about me. On my blog, I like to share simple and delicious recipes that don’t require a ton of complicated ingredients and you will want to make over and over again. These Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies are the perfect introduction of me to you.

I absolutely love Gingerbread…ANYTHING! I know that ginger is an acquired taste that a lot of people don’t really care, but I love the warmth, the spice, and the depth of flavor that comes with Gingerbread recipes. What makes these Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies so great, is it has all of the notes of gingerbread with the sweetness of a creamy filling that makes these sandwich cookies bring out the Christmas spirit!

gingerbread-cookie-sandwiches-1-570x855.jpg

This is no joke, the first time I made these sandwich cookies my family and I ate so many of them that I couldn’t even take pictures to share with you. I had to make this recipe again, just to take pictures because we couldn’t stop eating the first batch of cookies. Seriously! I wouldn’t lie to you. They turned out great! I’m definitely a baker, but I am not a “pretty” baker.

Tips for decorating this Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies

The great thing about making these Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies is you can decorate them however you want. Because I am not a baker-decorator, the first time I made these cookies, they didn’t look all that pretty. So I told myself to stick to what I know and don’t overthink it. So I just added some M&M’s and found decorative eyes and called it a cookie. I must say they came out cute. You can do the same thing, leave them blank, or really give these men some personality.

gingerbread-cookie-sandwiches-2-570x855.jpg

Another tip I want to give you is that you don’t have to use a gingerbread cookie cutter. You can do Christmas trees, Wreaths, or Santa! Heck, go crazy! The point is to have fun with however you decide to execute this cookie recipe. Keep in mind that you will need to chill the dough for a bit so add in 2 hours to your total time in case you are making these for a special occasion.

gingerbread-cookie-sandwiches-7-570x855.jpg
Well, I hope you make it a point to visit my blog more often. If you like this recipe or general holiday cookie recipes, you will love my Christmas Sugar Cookies, Peppermint Meringues, or Snickerdoodles! You can also follow me on Instagram for my stories where I demonstrate how to cook a popular recipe on my blog. Happy Holidays!

Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies

gingerbread-cookie-sandwiches-4-280x360.jpg

These Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with a delicious cream filling that will put you in the Christmas spirit!

• 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 3/4 cup molasses
  • 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
  • 1 whole egg
  • 3 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup M&M's (optional)
  • 3/4 cup shortening
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 7 oz. Marshmallow Fluff
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 3 tbsp. milk

1. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Spray with baking spray. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, blend the butter and brown sugar together until well combined. Add the molasses and egg. Blend together once more. In a separate bowl, add the flour, pumpkin spice, ground ginger, salt, baking soda, and whisk. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.

3. Form the dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for, 30minutes- 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and be sure to flour your hands. Roll the dough to be about ⅛ in thickness. Use the cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the dough.

4. Press M& M’s into the gingerbread sightly as desired. Place on a baking sheet about one inch apart and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and transfer to cooling rack. Repeat the process to bake all cookies.

5. For the cream filling, add the shortening, powdered sugar, fluff, vanilla extract, salt and milk, and mix until creamy and smooth. If the mixture still isn’t smooth add a tablespoon of milk until the desired consistency has been reached. Place the filling in a piping bag. Pipe the filling onto the inside of a gingerbread cookie and place another cookie on top making a sandwich. Continue until all cookies have been made. Serve as desired.

READ: Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back