How To Plant Lettuce

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

justin249

bb.png

The botanical name of Lettuce is Lactuca sativa and there are hundreds of varieties of lettuce, from the soft and delicate bibb lettuce to the crisp and colorful rouge d'hiver. Lettuce plant is an easy-to-grow annual and is a classic for beginner and expert gardeners. Most types of lettuce grow quickly, maturing in 5 to 8 weeks. Many Lettuces are suitable for cut-and-come-again harvesting, so you can snip off a few leaves anytime you want a salad. Lettuce is actually a cool-season vegetable, and in most home gardens it is planted in the early spring and harvested in late spring to early summer. A lot of gardeners plant a second crop of lettuce as the days grow cooler in fall. To learn how to plant Lettuce visit https://agricbooks.blogspot.com/2024/06/how-to-plant-lettuce.html

I remember the first time I tried planting lettuce in my backyard. I opted for a metal raised garden bed after reading about their durability and sleek look. It was surprisingly easy to set up, and the lettuce thrived in the well-draining soil. Plus, the bed's height saved my back from the usual bending! It's been my go-to for veggies ever since. If you're thinking about starting your own garden, consider giving it a shot—they're not just practical but can add a nice touch to your garden space!

When I grew lettuce I scattered my lettuce seeds in a trough for growing. It was dead of winter everything icy. It worked lots lettuce spring

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back