New Tomato Problem

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

kirk1701

Hey guys this is something new other then my other thread with the southern blight which "seems" to be cleared up as we got what plants that were infected pulled up.

Whats left seems to be doing great however this is something simple I hope, happens every year and I'd just like to know what it is and what to do in order to prevent this.

Bottom of the vines start to turn yellow and die, its already started so what it it and how to treat? I can get some pics if needed.

Is it all the lower leaves, or just a few here and there?
It is normal for the lower leaves to yellow and die, at least that is my experience over the years!
Use a pruner to remove them. and sterilize them after every use!
Burn the leaves, or dispose of them! Do not add them to the composter!

Is it all the lower leaves, or just a few here and there?
It is normal for the lower leaves to yellow and die, at least that is my experience over the years!
Use a pruner to remove them. and sterilize them after every use!
Burn the leaves, or dispose of them! Do not add them to the composter!

Yes, just the lower leaves but I have some late tomatoes just set out a week ago that are also doing it which was what concerned me.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back