Newbie from Michigan

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mindy01

Hi everyone, I love to grow your large Standard Chrysanthemums. I would like to try Standard Carnations, does anyone know where i could find Carnation Cuttings? Looked all over the web, can't find anything, maybe someone out here know where i could find some Cuttings. Thanks!!

Well, hey Mindy!
Welcome to our forum!
Standard carnations are the ones that you get when you order floral arrangements and bouquets! They are the ones with large floral heads!
They are certainly easy to find at any florist shop and even in grocery stores!
You can use their long stems that are great for starting cuttings!
The cuttings should have two nodes each, one node goes into the soil for rooting with a short stem below it (carefully remove the leaves on this node). The other rnode stays above the soil, which will eventually sprout!
These perennials are not cold hardy below zone 7, so hopefully you are in a warmer zone such as zone 8 and 9!

Welcome aboard Mindy! ( this is a good site to get your hands dirty with us all as well ) Enjoy!! :D:p

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back