Pea Trellis

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I have about 7 pea plants against a chain link fence. They are starting to grow their vines and attach to the pine straw below since they can't reach the fence. I need an idea as to what I can put up against the plant that will lead their vines to the fence. I am trying to avoid having to buy anything since this year is trial and error with many plants I have (I have never grown them before). Any ideas? :confused:

You can stake a string next to the plant that is tied to the fence and the pea will climb the string to the fence.
You can use a pencil to anchor the string next to the plant ;)

I actually used twine and it seems to be working so far. Here is a photo I took with my phone but it gives you an idea of the mystery sweet pea plant I have been talking about.

Attachments

• Sweet Pea Plant.jpg
    Sweet Pea Plant.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 273

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back