Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Y

Lots of us raise chickens

:D LOL...I had to do it. No seriously though if I could raise chickens here I would, but I cant even keep a veggie garden alive for the year atm.:( I loved the days on the farm when I was growing up with the horses, chickens, turkeys, and pigs. If I ever get enough to buy a nice piece of land I...
  2. Y

Lots of us raise chickens

If I did I would get some Broiler Chickens and mate them with Bare Necks so I could get some of these!! http://declubz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/featherless-chicken.jpg Save you so much time on plucking the little guys.
  3. Y

Wanted Homemade Garden Remedies

Here is another I just thought of while playing in the dirt today. Not sure if they have these up north, but in the south we have these insects called ''AntLions'' or '' Myrmeleon'' aka the doodlebug. http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/images/antlion.jpg Now they are very easy to find by the cone...
  4. Y

Last Chance

I moved this to the ''Wanted Homemade Garden Remedies'' Thread.
  5. Y

Carefull with those '' cute '' chipmunks...They are vicious!!! My brother and I were out in the woods when we were kids and came across one siting in the Y of a tree. We thought it was dead and for some reason my brother wanted to pick it up...bad idea. Before he could let go it had latched on...
  6. Y

Tomato Favs

No way I could pick a fav...love them all. I can sit and chow on jelly beans while I watch tv and whats a BLT without the tomato? Does'nt get much better then some fried green tomatoes eithers....Now my mouth is watering. My answer is all of them.
  7. Y

Last Chance

thanks tonya....I have two suggestions for the mole problem. First you have to find the active tunnel. If you can see them above the ground then it is much easier, just step on a spot on the tunnels and mark them as you go. If it is active they will fix it within 48hrs and this is the path they...
  8. Y

If your like me and spend alot of time around the fire the ash and chars are great for keeping slugs away.
  9. Y

Last Chance

Lyn I have this plot next to an shed so It will provide partial shade for the plants that need it, and my wife's grandfather ( who lived here before us ) planted some vines that have grown up all over the side of it. I liked the way they looked so I never bothered them but as I was digging out...
  10. Y

Now...THIS is REDNECK!!!

Here is what rednecks do after a hot day of racing you tiller. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhDLeciSgB4&feature=related
  11. Y

Last Chance

Ok, so you guys have gave me the will to try once more with an outdoor garden. So I figured I would go all out on this attempt and make sure I have all bases covered. I have been mixing my mulchings and a couple bags of soil in for a couple years now but it still consists of more sand then...
  12. Y

storebought peppers

As you mentioned how hard it is to grow in the FL sand crabbergirl I have always looked for new compost and mixtures for our less then freindly soil here. Do you think that all this dead sawgrass I have around the house would provide a decent additive in the mulch and help to retain some moisture?
  13. Y

storebought peppers

If you want lots of leaves then you should use a nitrogen rich fertilizer.
  14. Y

storebought peppers

Hello and welcome burningredphoenix!! I'm new here myself and have found the people here to be friendly and helpfull. Much like yourself I love to add alittle kick to dishes and grow my own peppers. I have not tried using seeds from store bought peppers, but I do grow them from seeds bought from...
  15. Y

Crabbergirls Hot Pepper Spray

Thanks I have read through and there some pretty funny, yet very frustrated stories in here. I'm laughing and crying with you guys. I did not even think of the wild dog pack running around as a possible culprit...hmmm. I might just go get some cheap lumber and build a mini greenhouse out back...
  16. Y

Indoor Veggies

Thanks!! Although the human hair sounds kinda strange I'm curious to see if it works and why. Randy..also with the hot peppers you have keep them in seperate containers and as far away from others as possible. When you do your pollinating ( I use a small paint brush ) make sure you use a...
  17. Y

Indoor Veggies

Please tell all your secrets!!=) Well at least the garden ones. Most of the problem comes from little green worms eating everything almost overnight. I come out to find them tucked in my leaves all nice and comfy. Of course if it happens later I get them in the fruit too. The deer problem was...
  18. Y

Indoor Veggies

http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/ufo-led-grow-lights-p-1372.html Like this guy that costs $500..seems steep, but when add the in the fact that it only costs about $5 a month to operate, covers a 9 sqr ft. area. has over 80,000+ hr. life span, boast light intensity and growth rates exceeding that...
  19. Y

Indoor Veggies

I'm in central Florida Kya. I was walking through the super market looking at veggy prices and was shocked to see the prices on some...like summer squash that comes with 3 small ones in a pack for $4. I use them in all kinds of things Randy including, fajitas, chili, any tex-mex dishes like...
  20. Y

Indoor Veggies

You know what?...That would'nt be hard for me cause the garage door faces the south, I might look into that. I started turning the light off during the hottest part of the day thanks to the timer I got today. I'm running it 18 hrs. on now until they start to flower, but I was turning it off at...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back