Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. D

Purple Corn

update on my purple corn... pulled back another, more mature ear lastnight & it did look a little better than that first one I tested. It has kernels, but it could look better, some spots were void. And of course there were worms in it! little cream colored ones with black heads, kinda turns me...
  2. D

Purple Corn

i planted regular ol sweet corn, not sure exactly which variety at the moment as I don't have the seed packet in front of me. From researching online I found that it could be from stress or phosphorous deficiency, and the ears may be void of any edible kernels when harvested, just kinda dried up...
  3. D

Purple Corn

Help! My corn stalks are purple, why? will the corn still be edible?:confused:
  4. D

Tarragon Recipes wanted

When you do stuff like that do you have to do anything special on the business end of things since you're selling a product to the public, like claim profits on your taxes or get any kind of licenses or inspections on the products, like to meet food safety guidelines?
  5. D

Tarragon Recipes wanted

Anyone have recipes using a lot of fresh tarragon? (Preferrably healthy) I have a ton! Thanks in advance. :)
  6. D

Anyone care to help a new gardener?

thanks for the tip,I'll have to try it.;)
  7. D

Blue Passion Flower

Just looked at your pics, very nice. I'll have to post some more of mine once I get home from work. Good luck with your blackberries.
  8. D

I think I may just try the soap on its own or the pepper sauce on its own & see the effects & narrow down what works best for me. I've been finding aphids here & there on the underside of some tomato leaves & just clipping those leaves & throwing them out. plus we've been getting a lot of rain...
  9. D

Blue Passion Flower

I'll have to try one indoors too. We don't have pets so maybe mine will survive. As far as the questionable fruits around our property...I always research things a lot, but I'm still never comfortable relying on info I find online cuz how do I know the Joe Shmoe that wrote it knows what he's...
  10. D

Blue Passion Flower

Thanks for the welcome. Are the seed pods the little green oval ball behind the stamen? I've noticed them once the blooms start drying up.
  11. D

Blue Passion Flower

I am always worried about poisoning myself accidentally! There are a lot of things at this new house that I've been unsure about. I took samples to a local nursery & they told me it was all good stuff, but then you gotta wonder how sure they are. I must say though, I'm glad I trusted the...
  12. D

Blue Passion Flower

I paid more than what I would normally pay for a plant too. I justified it though because I got all of my tomato plants for free because I waited longer than most. Over 40 plants! I'll be canning a lot...pasta sauce & salsa for everyone this Christmas!
  13. D

Blue Passion Flower

A few weeks back I purchased a Blue Passion Flower from a local nursery in Western PA. I couldn't resist, the flowers are so pretty & unique, not to mention they smell good! The saleswoman told me it's an annual, but I found info online that says it's a perennial...So which is it?! I have it in...
  14. D

ok thanks! I'll try without the oil.
  15. D

Oh and thanx for welcoming me! I dont remember exactly how long it was between applying the weed & feed & planting my seeds, but I would say at least 24-48 hours. I know i didnt plant or sow right away. I've been researching & reading so much about gardening lately that my head's spinning & I'm...
  16. D

These spots are flat, like a discoloration of the leave, not raised or "powdery" or fuzzy. Can powdery mildew not necessarily be powdery?
  17. D

Do you have a story to share?

Good Bad and Ugly Any help identifying the bugs in my pics & whether they're good or bad is much appreciated!
  18. D

I recently moved into a new house and decided to give gardening a go this year. The property had an old garden plot that we cleaned up & tilled. We put up a mesh fence to keep animals out and worked in some weed & feed before planting, besides that I did nothing special to the dirt. I just...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back